Revert RPG

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deadpool, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Check all that apply, new RPG is/we should:

1. Easier

36.7%
  2. Harder

20.0%
  3. Lamer

26.7%
  4. Cooler

23.3%
  5. Keep it

66.7%
  6. Change it back

26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

after playing tonight I realized how much of a hassle the reload-while-guiding still is, it was happening all the time. it's a super old bug too.

2. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

the BE RPG model is frustrating. i know that BE is suppose to model after the nazis and that panzerfraust that have those blast plates to protect the users.. but it makes it "harder" to track and see. it would be nice if it actually did something like prevent getting shot in the head >.> But yeh, it obscures one's sight horribly.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

In b4 ban? xd

4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

? o.o
    It is clear that BE is modeled after the nazis or werhmact. the helmet, the tank design, the uniforms and etc etc.. and NF is modeled after the brits with their crappy tanks and etc etc.

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

Hah no. Forget that.
    It's just some bad design decisions. Maybe sometime along the road the BE were intended to look like the Wermacht, but who told you the NF were made to be the Brits and not eastern-europeans, or even some slav variation?
    I do agree with the stupid shield though. I have had a modded version of that at some point, with the shield being transparent. Then I patched Empires and it went away, and I don't care about fixing it.

I like the new RPG. It doesn't force you to play Empires 24/7 to learn to use it. Now I can hit and sometimes even kill stuff with it. What is wrong with RPG use in Empires, contra RPG use IRL is that the maps favour vehicles driving up real close to grens, forcing them into jumpan and gunnan tactics, which only look OK in TF2.
    I like that the new RPG threatens the vehicles somewhat, even if it is in the wrong way, but such is Empires, and we still love playing it for some reason.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Get the fuck out you faggot, Britain is awesome and we make awesome stuff that looks awesome so fuck you.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I'm shooting down aircraft with my mowtar fuck the bull shit

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Since when did the old rpg need skill?! You dont force grenadiers into jumping and running around, EVERY good grenadier player in this game does it without someone forcing him to do it...

btw rpgs in reality ARE used in close quarter city fights where the user shots and runs away.

You asume that the grenadier was not designed to jump and run around, I guess every grenadier player in this game asumes the opposite. Why does it only look ok in tf2? Empires has more stylized, insane and completly magical skills and abilities than tf2 ever had. Compared to empires, tf2 is a gritty super realistic war simulator.

9. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

....with rocket jumps

ok, here's my super srs concern with the rpg - you used to have to think about leading the target, and do all sorts of guesswork before even firing the shot, now you just let 'er rip in any old direction and then hold the crosshair on the target.

/now off to mantis to see if the rpg reload bug is still listed

10. Empty

Empty Member

The new RPG is basically:
    Learning Curve - 1
    Damage output + 1

It was fun but come on the gren needs as many buffs as he can get.

11. SupRore

SupRore Banned

Empty's right, because all of the best infantry players use Rifleman on 1v1s

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

:eek:

(filler)

13. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

I think you have to be kinda dumb to think the rpg is worse now than its ever been before. Kinda like the tea party or something.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

rpg now forces you to stand still or move slowly/in only one direction, with the old rpg you could turn, jump etc and it was no problem to guide the rocket.

The grenadier is the class that relies the most on speed and agility, forcing the player to stand still works against the whole concept of the class. So you are dump for not understanding how the class has to be played to get the most out of it. Newbies/noobs always think the gren is a slow and clumsy class... -.-

I seriously dont get why people think it was hard to aim with the old RPG, you fire it, you see how slow it flys and at which arc it turns, you addapt to it and the next time you use it you shot at the point where the apc and the rocket will colide... thats simple math, nothing special but I guess grenadier is a class for super pro math nerds...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  15. OuNin

OuNin Member

you can still be pretty mobile with the new rpg

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

you can be mobile all you want till the last second before impact you have to stop dead still.

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

He was being sarcastic.

18. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

im always mobile with RPG.. i only stand still if the tank is running away from me in straight line. i might not always 100% hit while mobile, but i do hit them even from far range. maybe its luck, but its so precise that i killed a BE infantry BlackCopper in emp_mvalley from NF base to near the ramp of the dam. the commander was trying to boomtank the BE guy and my RPG went BOOM right on him while he was avoiding com. it was probably luck to hit such a small target XD.. i think Guns and Whamo was the commander.

it is super sensitive.. and i noticed more RPGers landing kills on moving infantry. i really dont understand why you guys keep saying u have to stand still with the new RPG. works better moving imo..