Revert RPG

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deadpool, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Check all that apply, new RPG is/we should:

1. Easier

36.7%
  2. Harder

20.0%
  3. Lamer

26.7%
  4. Cooler

23.3%
  5. Keep it

66.7%
  6. Change it back

26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

this

(filler)

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Make right click lock onto tanks after 3 seconds to fire homing missiles, Everyone's happy.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

When did you learn english? Who wrote this? D::::

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Revert it.
    The first thing I noticed in 2.25 was the annoying RPG.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I made a pretty bitchin rocket trail effect for it and I'd like to be able to use it, otherwise RPGs are a complete improvement and I don't really see any reason to change anything about them at the moment.

6. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Improvement? It forces the class that relys on speed and agility to stand still. It took like 3 days to learn how to forward the old rpg, same with the new one but with the difference that you cant forward the new rpg in every possible situation cause it turns to fast.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

quick, everyone into NF jeeps and start shooting rpgs at tanks.

8. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

There, everyones happy.

^^ Everyone agreed with that?

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I shoot it at things and it hits them and does damage, the old one didn't, new one is therefore better.

10. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

this is as much of a non sequiter as you are implying this thread is. plz gtfo.

exactly what Im saying, you cant let the rocket do it's thing for the last 10-20 feet because it will retain the obnoxious back and forth wobble that it's gotten because its so responsive. This means you have to really really stay on target until the bitter end.

And Empty yes, fine, fair enough, hold crosshair on target, hit target. To me this translates to stand still, push button, recieve bacon. Easy, and you get bacon, but boring.

again, turn radius problematic.

I think we can all agree that Mayama, Communism and Myself make playing grenadier our business, and we all agree that the new one is bad. Where's Dubee at?

this change was a major reason I stopped playing Empires at 225, and since coming back a few games lately, I can deal with the particles, but the rpg really bugs me.

And Flasche I remember that thread now, there were a lot of good ideas there, and a lot of disappointment in the new rpg, too bad it got buried.

Ideas from this thread:

secondary fire for old guidance
    middle ground as far as responsiveness is concerned, somewhere between old and new
    two RPG's selectable at loadout (which I like a lot, and doesnt even need a new model)

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think we all agree that people who have spent far too much time learning how to play an incredibly broken class and can't adjust to it now being easy to use are not the people that should be listened to.

12. communism

communism poof

hows it broken

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

How in the hell is the grenadier broken.

14. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

he's just being inflammatory, he does that.

lets carry on without him

I found this in the old thread, more agreement to the point Im trying to make:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think it needs to be reworked instead of reverted. But it is fun fucking shit up with weapons that are hard to use.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It isn't, that's the point, read the thread.

Before the change the RPG was hard to use, weak as shit, and basically useless unless you were sitting on top of the tank.

Now it's fast, responsive, and packs a decent punch for something so widely available, and is best used from some distance away where your guidance ability will give you the advantage.

Using it like that I haven't had any problems with tanks shooting me back, or hitting things, and at close range it hits before I get much chance to guide it. It's a much better gun and the class in general is much better than it was.

All the oldfags are whining because they spent their lives learning how to use a shitty gun and don't know what to do now that it's a good gun, the answer of course is to re-learn it and stop trying to use it like the old one.

17. communism

communism poof

life =! 3 days

18. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

your petty insults and little stories arent really on par with the reasoned arguments from other posters chris

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Your more-rational-than-thou attitude is kind of annoying as well, but we all have to get our fun somewhere.

An argument is not made more right by phrasing it fancy and making it take up half a page, so I generally settle for making it quick to read and easy to write, unless it's something complex and I need to go into more detail.

The idea that the RPG is now easy and good so don't change it is not a complex one, so I don't need to write a page about it.

20. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

ok here we go again huh

you do this to so many threads. thank you for contributing, you are the superior mind you win.

you said the gren was broken, when asked why you said it wasn't broken, and throw in some insults for good measure. i cant fucking believe you havent been banned over and over for your childish insults. oldfag.