[Results](Scrim) Epic vs Mix 3-30-2013

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Neoony, Mar 30, 2013.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Awwww, I feel so warm and fuzzy inside :3

3. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Seeing as your team did some last minute crying about the server, I thought you would have been at least gracious about your victory.
    Also there were some bugs that appeared such as res flow and comm targets not working, but they might have been due to your server not being enough to handle the players.

4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

So how much did Trickster pay you to fuck up that badly?

5. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Nost told me that you guys got UGL APCs. In a scrim. On Cyclo. Twice.

Did you really think that that would work?

6. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Both times it was requested. It's hard to hear much when people are screaming ugl, so I just went with it.

If I'd known the res rates were bugged I would have rushed heavies too.

7. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

This might be where the experience of your team might have actually worked against you guys.

In pubs, everyone gets UGLs because all infantry stand still, don't work as a team, and get naded to death, while no one on the enemy team is smart enough to get tanks. Not to mention that most pubs these days aren't on cyclopean to begin with.

So, you probably had a lot of active players telling you to get "GL because it works in "most" games, and that ended up screwing you over.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Did Trickster "adjust" some server settings before the game again?

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

To be fair, I made some mistakes that cost us a lot. Researching homing cost us too much time that we really needed elsewhere. But on the other hand, there were things out of my control such as the res bug and targets being nigh-unusable.

BigTeef, I'm normally fairly patient with people, but just because you keep ripping on me and won't give up, let me say this.
    More than half the team personally complained about you to me. As in, sent me a steam message telling me to kick you out. You personally, by name. Telling me in depth why you're a shit player who is only going to drag us down. And when I say more than half, I'm not exaggerating. Now please, will you give it a rest already. You've been bitching about me non stop over steam and in TS, so just take a deep breath and try to act less like a child.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Maybe :rolleyes:

However, the APC rushes failed miserably compared to Zeke's APCs.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I only bitched at you to my squad while in game, in game when me and freak was reliving csyclo, and in the TS during the debrief with everyone else.
    Not once did I send a message to somebody other than craig over steam.

Bravo squad did more than what was asked and I kept my squad alive most of the time. You bold face liar.
    Craig griefed almost the entire time, I didn't do shit other than me trying to purposely piss you off, before the fucking game started, and restarted.
    Because listening to freak's mic spam was the most fucking important part of the strategy.
    Also I want to see these messages personally.

Here is a few favorites
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

The day after the scrim talking w/ Nost in a random match on Duststorm:

(All) Nostalgic Nonsense: team chemistry wasnt good either
    (All) .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329: Yeah, chemistry isn't the best research on Cyclo
    (All) Nostalgic Nonsense: no i meant the chemistry of the team wasn't good
    (All) Nostalgic Nonsense: fn hated deadpool
    (All) .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329: oh
    (All) Nostalgic Nonsense: deadpool hated fn
    (All) Nostalgic Nonsense: and haf the team hated teef
    (All) .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329: lol
    (All) Nostalgic Nonsense: oh hi teef

It was pretty funny.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You left right after the scrim. I was a little disappointed in that. Even at the height of BSID/EPIC rivalry in which there was a fuck tonne of hate, Thor would always come to me for a chat afterwards. Also, it seemed like there was almost a total forum blackout from your side, which pretty much killed all the fun drama that could have followed. Add to that the exploiting in the scrim, and I was a little disappointed.

But no, I'm not a remotely gracious winner. Also, res flow was fine? Maybe you're used to VIPER which I'm fairly sure uses increased rates, but everything was set to 1.0x, as is standard in a scrim. You are aware that the entire game, we made sure you had as few refineries as possible? Half the refs you did have were constantly sabbed. There are 13 refs on Cyclopean and I'm fairly sure you never exceeded 5 for more than a couple of minutes. And even those 5 were often running at 50%, given we had someone dedicated to sapping as much of your shit as we possibly could. Watch any demo and just watch the minimap. You spent the entirety of both games behind us on refinery control.

EDIT: Dev just told me he actually thought they had too much res

The server had no problem either with regard to lag, the CPU never even had to max a single core. But maybe putting the GUY WITH THE HIGHEST PING IN THE SERVER in the CV wasn't your smartest move. It doesn't matter if it's the most powerful server in the world, the UK isn't going to get any closer to Australia. Are you sure you know how to give targets properly in the current version?

MFW I saw UGL in a fucking scrim:

[​IMG]

Seriously, I have no idea what they were thinking. I just squealed a little bit with joy when I saw it. I knew at that point that we'd countered them so hard with research they stood no chance. UGL is a pubstomping weapon, it has absolutely no place against a decent team.

As I said above, I SUSPECT (and I could be wrong) that VIPER doesn't use standard rates. The ref multiplier was 1x and the player multiplier was 20x, both of which are official as per SVN (anyone can check this is any of the demos recorded as well). But it made no difference, they were completely dominated on refinery control, even when they took locations. They were really slow with getting refs up and barely made any attempt so stop us having refs in their territory. Meanwhile, we were fanatical with our control of the refs, constantly sabbing, attacking and taking refs, as well as getting every single ref up within a location we took in as little time as possible.

EDIT: Dev just told me he actually thought they had too much res

14. Trickster

I've condensed all the other posts from around the forum about this topic into this thread. I'm debating whether to merge this thread with the original Fanclub thread.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I don't think research won us the game/lost you the game, at least not a considerable factor.
    The game's pretty much over(result's becoming obvious) before we even step into advanced chassis, which is around 15~20 minutes. Nothing before that really decides anything as long as you have an armor and engine going.

Also, as I recall Lawliet made a mistake of placing VF instead of radar first. Consider the resources rate, that slowed our research for minutes I believe, so yah.

Anyway, about the ping issue.
    Our ping difference was ONLY around 50.
    If you want to exclude Aussie/Asian since we always lag, that's down to as low as 35.
    I doubt US server would give a value as low as this.

Last, If I want to name a reason that caused your defeat, it would be : You didn't have much functional Engineers.

16. Reznov

Reznov Member

I would say our research and teamwork were under average.

Do you know what we got both rounds except for UGL?
    ABSORBANT AND ADV. COOLANT

I don't know who in the FUCK wanted abs and adv. coolant so bad, but whoever it was he didn't play empires for a long time. Neither did we rush for heavies which made your guys heavy rushes so difficult to beat, combined with our crap mediums.

Now to teamwork, this mixed group that we had was just bad. All I heard is bitching and more bitching, no kind of teamwork was put together. My squad managed to keep city both rounds but the rest of the squads... I don't know what they did at any time given, like I never knew what objective they had at any moment. Paradox just kept fucking around with squad points, FN and deadpool kept arguing and Devourawr was not even close to being able to manage them.

Meh, still liked the scrim though. Brings back old memories of beating MAD clan, etc.

17. Trickster

Wait what? I thought you only started playing in the Steam release? MAD were long long dead by then.

18. Reznov

Reznov Member

... wait, I think I am mixing things up, meant the RAGE clan.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

So..I believe you guys didn't have a functional chain of command going, people just do what they want.
    Tell you what, I am not surprised and Devourawr isn't responsible.
    It's a mircale if FN abandoned his own plan and followed Devourawr(or someone else)'s plan, even when Devourawr(someone else) is right. Plus Devourwar couldn't have used my line "Fuck you I played more Empires than you, your weak argument is invalid."

Just a bonus, I would like to point out that cake squad took city both rounds, after we secured middle. :P

20. Trickster

Yeah, there can't be any arguing or disobeying of orders within a team, otherwise it's not a team. EPIC's greatest strength is that we all know the chain of command and respect it.