Researchable Turbo Jeeps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by [PRKL] Werihukka, Jan 10, 2009.

1. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

Title says it all. Researchable Turbo Jeeps.

I know the feature was there in some version and it can be enabled in the new version as well (server-side?). I played on a server today, that had turbo jeeps. It's so much fun and with the new handling I found them very useful aswell.

Pros
    • Makes jeeps more useful, if you can use them.

Cons
    • Over half of the community will whine about it, because they hate jeeps anyway.

2. communism

communism poof

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Dude I love jeeps. They are very useful if you arent spamming them. Waht server was this on?

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

This would be insanely easy. Just turbo code exists, just add the research and an if statement!

5. Bass

Bass Member

Kamikaze jeeps sound better.

6. Spooky

Spooky Member

[*]Over half of the community will whine about it, because they hate jeeps anyway.

A good step getting the community NOT to whine about it is to don't lump people into the same group. thing have happened like this before in history and it never really turns out that well.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  7. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

I cannot think of a single time when this would be useful to research. Even if implemented it would rarely be researched in any serious games.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

just add it to advanced personnel deployment

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Turbo was never officially in any version, it was activated on a few servers. Turbo is just way too unstable to be of any real use.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

nuclear fusion is unstable, everyone likes nuclear fusion so in "theory" jeep turbo should be liked

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm talking about the jeep not driving properly. We already have problems with vehicles handling properly with current speeds, turbo would make it near impossible.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was joking, don't worry solo

ive seen these turbo jeeps, and they only used it just before impacting a tank to ram it over *frown*

13. OuNin

OuNin Member

If jeeps had this inherently, it would make them useful. Jeeps are underpowered.

14. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

I had no issues driving a turbo jeep. I could handle it perfectly. It would be enough, if it wasn't _that_ powerful. Just enough to get you some fleeing and rushing power against enemy and more speed to get from place to place. I got more sh*t done with a couple of 3phase turbo jeeps in that game than with one heavy tank with paper armor.

And I can't see any problems with handle as it is now. If someone can't handle their vehicles, it isn't because of the ingame handling.

Fricken Hamster:
    Can't remember the server's name in which I was playing in. It was full of people I had never played with before. I think it had maximum of 40 players. Also, it did download some parachute models and textures, but those didn't work. The players were flying in the air without 'chutes. :D

15. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

No, empires is about combat, 3phase jeeps are already fast enough to outrun turrets.

16. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

How does that affect my suggestion in anyway? 3phase jeeps sometimes cost too much, also Fission>3phase in jeeps. And you can't use turbo jeeps in combat? Why not? Also I recall that sometimes people need fast transportation, also Empires isn't all about combat, it's about strategy, building bases and defences and so on. I don't get your point, really.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  17. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Your example does not support your claim

18. Cloud

Cloud Member

AFAIK Turrets are stationary :D

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Add an equipment slot for a researchable solid fuel rocket for the jeeps. It fires once, accelerates you to 300kmh, and then you explode on impact if you hit anything before slowing down.

20. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The only reason people want this is for ramming. Come on, you know it. And it wouldn't really add that much to the game -- no matter how much fun it is, your 45-res jeep shouldn't be able to beat a 900-res tank. There is a fine line between making jeeps "useful" and making them "stupid".