Replace healing upg. with health box

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Fooshi, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Title says it all. Replace healing upgrade with a "droppable" health box, just like ammo boxes. That way, healing would be a lot easier and save a lot of calc juice.
    I don't think engineers should be able to drop health boxes without the skill, as that'll make the engineer kind of overpowered imo.
    There's already a health box model / texture for both teams, so I don't think it'll be too hard to implement. Thoughts?

2. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

This.

I've always taken the opinion of "fuck heal upgrade, i'll rev them when dead" where as i'd actually bother with health boxes.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so it would nerf healing abilities to where it becomes "not available" since revive, repair and turret upgrade will get picked first ...

only thing id change with heal is to enable it while running - never got why i cannot heal ppl that run infront of me. it plays the sound, it shows sparks but it doesnt do shit.

anyway, if it has to be a health box no matter what, it shouldnt require a skill ...

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I love the suggestion it self, but why do I have a feeling this is going to be a bit OP,,, I think the difference between having 1-2 really good engineers and no good engineers is going to get huge and thus, bit op?

+ the thing we do where we go into armory or rax, go engi, drop ammobox, switch again,,, this with healthbox,,, hmmmmm

5. flasche

hmm idk, its quite handy, but now you put it this way, it kinda sounds like this might be better when removed anyway. and its quite easy, like turrets boxes get removed when changing the loadout.
    but then, it really is handy ...

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

Healing upgrade is a fine skill as long as you have revive too. Healing upgrade is actually more efficient charge-wise and should be done when possible, delegating revives to emergency uses.

When you only have revive, you get two revives and then you're pretty much screwed.

then you will l2triage

7. flasche

oh, its about healing upg, just realized. neglect my previous posts then plz, wrong asumptions, my bad ...

im in favor of this!

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

it is really handy , that's the problem, it might get tooooo handy...

9. flasche

i was talking about ammoboxes - esp as gren it often is a necessity to load up this way since there is no armory.

10. OuNin

OuNin Member

thats how you run out of charge really quickly and get run over

it'll be even worse because you use up the box. you move, then you'r dry

11. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

Run over? lolwut.

12. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

:confused:

"Please spawn a turret crate at E3"

Also, I do not approve; mainly because it would be OP and would promote camping even more.

13. OuNin

OuNin Member

get overwhelmed by enemy forces; stomped on.

14. FN198

FN198 Member

how about no?

15. communism

communism poof

fn such a stronk man

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

How about you give me a reason?

17. FN198

FN198 Member

being able to drop ammo is not a skill, it is something all engineers are able to do.
    dropping ammo isn't something that benefits the player directly like all other upgrades in the game.
    dropping health isn't something that benefits the player directly like healing upgrade, which as an upgrade allows the engineer to more efficiently heal other players.

that aside dropping a health box isn't conducive to fluid gameplay and once you drop; you move and you're dry.
    learn to triage

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I don't like it. Don't know why but it strikes me as completely and utterly crazy.

Perhaps because engies could probably heal themselves with it? But that's not it really...

I think i'm more for dropping packets of health (medpacks - like in RTCW etc) rather than a health crate.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

just allow the engie to drop two (2) different types of boxes, just like he can drop 2 turrents and 2 camruhs, without needing the skill.

the skill could benefit in healz when you've already placed a box before or for a quick healz.

20. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

How overpowered it this compared to an armory? Armories aren't as useful for their ability to heal people as their resupply of ammo and ability to change class. I personally think the ability for engineers to drop ammo is much more powerful than the potential ability to drop health crates. Engies can already heal, but that doesn't make people sit around their engies and not advance. The revive ability will always be the most powerful engineer ability, for reason I'm sure are apparent. This will hardly make much change to gameplay besides making it easier for engineers to heal people.