Repair Pads actually repair the commander

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mr Pling, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Mr Pling

Mr Pling Member

But at a cost of 1/2 the rate that normal tanks and stuff would get.

So if the speed was one armour plate a second for tanks, it would be 2.5 seconds for each armour plate for the commander. But, in return to balance that, it's armour health instantly goes to green, instead of cycling through red, yellow, and green. This way if you're getting damaged and the enemy retardedly don't destory the pad, you can just stay there whilst they hit you with crap until they get tanks along.

Or you can just build something which takes up 5000 resoucres, takes 4 times longer than the VF, and the Commander sticks to it and regenerates fully every time, and he doesn't need to stop, and has alot of health. Boom.:eek:

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Don't like it.

If team doesn't manage it to repair cv by hand, then cv should die.

3. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

No no nooooo

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

No thank you.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Why can't we have repair pads that repair the CV normally? ^^

6. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I'm sure they have a reason why this wasn't implemented off the bat, and if a developer could explain why, then I might be satisfied; until then, I continue to support the command vehicle being repaired by the repair pad. If the repair pad does not repair the command vehicle while it is under attack, then it cannot possibly be over powered.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yah, it was taken away before because we didn't have the "under attack" catch. So CV's could be hunky-dory while under fire. No reason not to have it now though :p

8. communism

communism poof

It used to repair the CV ;P

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes the pad used to repair the CV, and this was as far as I know, the precise reason why it was removed.

10. Bass

Bass Member

The CV is already buffed, I wouldn't want to make it even stronger by camping in a pad.

11. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

OP didn't give a reason as to why this should be changed, so I'm assuming it's because he expected it to be repaired on the pad and was surprised when it wasn't. Same thing happened to me at first, but you get used to it and it's never a problem again. Just add an interstitial message to the loading screens explaining it and leave it as is.

12. o_O

o_O Member

Lazy ass repair pad union refuses to work while under fire anyway. It wouldn't make the comm substantially harder to kill because if its just chilling on the repair pad, then it isn't moving and is easy to hit. Repairing at 1/2 or even slower is a good idea though, just to make it absorb a great deal of RP time.

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yeah I always liked rep pad camping, never saw the problem tbh as it stops repping once you're under attack anyway.

14. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Well it DOES mean that the CV is guaranteed to always be at 100% whenever it isn't attacked. Which means a succession of small attacks combined with a lousy team that doesn't repair won't be able to kill it anymore, you'd need a single big push.

If this is put back in expect the CV to ALWAYS be on a dedicated rep pad.

15. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

you mean commanders would have a reason to actually make a repair pad

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Only idiots don't use repair pads.

I sincerely mean that.

17. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Other than the fact that your troops need repairs and upgrades?

18. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Wouldn't matter anyways. Comm camps on the repair pad--doesn't move. He gets killed.

19. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Or the repair pad gets killed.

Honestly, if the attackers can't even kill a repair pad, I'm not sure they should be able to kill the CV.

And basically, repairing the CV by hand through small attacks is dull. The strategy of making small hit and run strikes on the CV and hoping the enemy team doesn't repair between them amounts to, basically, a game of trying to make things so dull for your opponents that they give up.

That shouldn't be a game mechanic. Let the CV get repaired by repair pads. Yes, it means you need a big attack that takes out the entire base in order to win. So what? If the enemy really sucks that much, it won't be so hard to kill the repair pad.

I'd rather have a big epic battle, though, than suddenly losing (or winning) because people find repairing the CV to be dull.

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Yeah.. Also, I'd rather have people on the fields killing people/getting refs than doing repair work.