Repair droids

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Krenzo say something about implementing buyable bots? Something in terms of soldiers like players, but controlled by commander directly. To me it seems that this idea is a bit obsolete.

2. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

Yes he did say that. The only difference I can see about this suggestion compared to what Krenzo said is looks.

3. Lanic

Lanic Member

Tarantio if you read some of the previous post youll see most of thoses ideas have been suggested already. they are good ones none the less.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

not exactly

Krenzo was talking about grunts, we are talking about a commander controlled (possibly flying) vehicle to repair base and build a few structures,

5. Lanic

Lanic Member

well the grunts could be costomized to play as an engineer aswell. some of the differences i see tho is the grunt would have free range and able to defend itself.

6. BlueShirtsFan

BlueShirtsFan Member

I thought Krenzo said that the bots would be made to help the commander build the base up while others went out fighting?

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i love this idea, exactly as blizzard put it because it is very ballanced.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i know :D thats why i put so mutch efford into it :p

i can "feel" the potential fun with this

9. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

"Tarantio if you read some of the previous post youll see most of thoses ideas have been suggested already. they are good ones none the less."

Sorry, it was late at night and I wanted sleep, I just wanted to get my ideas out there.

I do not see where my pointing out of "Engineers gain stat points when they build so they dont care how fast things are built" (Or whatever I wrote along those lines)

"Engineers gain stat points from repairing and building buildings, why should they care how fastly they are done? Giving an Engineer an ability to spawn droids seems a bad idea to me.

Droids should be spawned in the same way as a turret by the commander, built up by an engineer or other character class and then they can go about their building business!

I think a limit of 1 or 2 should be allright. Why would you need 2 in a single base? It's not like you're constantly building masses of buildings. A limit of two is sufficient and I think they should cost about 600, building just slightly faster than an engineer.
    They can also be ordered to be moved around by the commander and will act on that as a bot.

Good ideas?"

That's my last post as it was. Anyway, I put the cost in there as a loose idea. Obviously totally subject to change, since I dont know the cost of most other buildings anyway.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

we agreed on that before you posted it, ether this way or it gets build in a factory

nobody ever agreed engineers woud spaun them

cous they want to win the game?
    if they woud be to slow, then an enemy heavy tank coud pay them a visit while they did not finished the warm welcome, and the heavy tank woud be dissapointed ! and then he wont deliver presants to the world, and chaos woud roam!
    it is for repairs and mantances to!
    if you just repelled 3 heavy tanks, and more are under way, you need buildings up quikly

2 might be to few, 5 shoud be okay, allthoug most commanders woud not build 5 of them, cous you can have multiple bases it shoud be possible to build 5 thoug

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  11. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

Yeah, I see what you mean. Putting a limit on them seems a bad idea. It's like putting a limit on rifles and the remainder of men have to fight with spoons = lame :P

And although a lot of people care for winning, some dont and might prefer the stat points instead.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

if they woud go to hard for stat points, they will get less then if they woud be winning

cous the other team woud win and they will have a disadvantage

13. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

How about one repair bot per every built VF/barracks?

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

that might work,

maybe every barrack thoug, a second base is not a second base if it dous not have a barrack!

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That would possibly incourage Heavy spammage, lowering the FPS...

Maybe they could be ressearch based (Something Like turrets)

To get bots you do this quick ressearch (To provide some helping hands, cheap and quick) Electrical/Mechanical Engineering-> Repair Droids (Gives you 1) -> Advanced Transmitors -> (allows you to build 2 more) -> Advanced Recivers -> (Allows you to build 2 more) For a grand total of 5...

Those upgrades would be fairly cheap and quick, but the only problem with them is that they require a sort of "Deposit" of time and a little bit of res before they start paying off...

16. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

very good, i am impressed

17. SniperJP02

SniperJP02 Member

Yeah I like Shinzon's idea alot.

18. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Me too, but I want it to be a pretty damn short research then.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

30 seconds?

and btw, dous the reseach grant you a "population limit" for it?
    or simply makes you build 2 more, (as in if they get destroyed, they are lost and you dont get the slots back)

20. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Population limit, I was thinking like you could build some repair droids out of the VF or Barracks or what not...