Rename Emp_Isle to Emp_RocketSnipe

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by flounder, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Houston we have a problem.

2. Omneh

Omneh Member

make the bridges INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA

3. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I would expect that all those new testers would have discovered this already (that's their job, isn't it?)

But the solution (at least, the quick and dirty solution) is to remove one of the two bridges going onto the NW island from the south. Right now, having two bridges there is a bit unfair to BE anyway -- it means that it's harder to stop NF with rocketsniping than it is to stop BE, since NF only has to take out one bridge, while BE has to take out two.

Or a second bridge could be added... or the NW island could be given a ramp leading down into the center, which would make a VF up there less valuable overall (because you can already get down, but a ramp would let people drive right up and attack you.)

I like the idea of having at least one ramp pointing towards the center. That would make actually grabbing and holding the center a viable strategy -- yeah, you'd be vulnerable to sniping, but if you could quickly drive tanks from the center up on to any point of the islands, then you could probably flush those snipers out. The problem right now is that it's just too hard to reach the top of the islands... that makes sniping too powerful.

4. Demented

Demented Member

Actually, there's a bridge the central east hill to the the hill over NF base... Though, I don't think that one dies as easily, nor can you get into a position to shoot it as quickly... If you even can hit it before the NF cv gets over it.

The two bridges aren't really relevant, since NF can still build a base right next to the NW hill. Heck, they always build on the other side of the bridges anyway.

5. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

ya i didnt even think about it. NF will win isle by defaut 9/10 it seems when that is implemented. :pathetic:

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Nope, afaik that version was pre-1.0. I only saw a few screenshots of it.