Removed NF Wall barbed wire

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Also, Hexi you're a dumbass. LT is superior to AFV in every way shape and form. Consider it like this: LT may take 1 less hit than an AFV, but in the hands of a semi-decent driver, LT is about 20 times harder to hit.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

you have it all wrong, it's not even all about the afv hitting anywhere in 2 metres, super lights can drive in fucking circles shooting at it's target and NO ONE will ever be able to hit it while it drives in circles in front of your rax, refinery, or afvs. also super lights can do hit and run, afvs turn and suddenly trees or another afv hits you.

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I'm going to ask this even though you're going to bite my head off and/or yell at me for not already knowing or finding this out myself: Why haven't you, one of the developers of Empires, been able to get this stuff done?

4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

well then i think the gun's model is blocking too much of a my view. maybe im walking up in the rafters and someone came out right when my gun's model is covering him up and shot me to death. its just an annoyance and the gun model doesn't really contribute to balancing the game. it is similar with people coming from the top right of ur screen, because the minimap party obscures the enemies presence.

i didnt say that you should make things annoying to keep things balance. im saying that you should make sure that the annoying things are even on both sides. we all have things in empires that annoy us. something that annoys me may not annoy you. there will always be things that annoy you in a game. do you agree that its impossible to make an annoying free game, especially if its based on people's opinion on what is annoying. so you can remove parts of this model or adjust things, but annoying things will always exist.

also, telling people to hang themselves is kind of like cyberbullying and may warrant a report to the police for such an action. i shall keep the comment quoted for future reference.

5. Trickster

Because I'm not a coder. Quite simply, if I did it, it would just get reverted by MOOtant. I've asked, and asked, and asked, but the fact is, I cannot add it, because MOOtant doesn't want it in, and he's in charge. I'm not going to go into any debate of why I can't just overrule him, or why he doesn't want it in, but the fact of the matter is, it's his decision as lead that it shouldn't be added, and it's as simple as that.

Also Alucard, omg cyberbullying, wat do. Grow the fuck up you stupid little kid. Besides, if I really cared about you quoting it, I'd just edit it out, but I honestly don't. It's not as if 99% of the forum isn't thinking the exact same thing about you. But by all means, be my guest, try whatever you like.

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

They aren't going to extradite trickster for telling you to go hang yourself.

7. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

*Sigh* So, why doesn't MOOtant want these changes? :beaten_nf:

8. Trickster

[​IMG]

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I love trickster.

10. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

afv and lts have an equal max speed and acceleration iirc. just aim lower against lts, and it's all good.
    now if afvs couldn't powerslide, i would have to agree with you, but since they can, they're not exactly worse than lts in the manuverbility department.

and this is probably irrelevant now because be no longer starts with the iSTD cn as they did in 2.24, but bob the builder and I once did a 1v1 lt vs. afv with starting tech in the middle of insurrection, and we literally killed each other at the exact same time (each with an ml)

11. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

as long as your not a shitty driver, afvs can do hit and run as well. superlights and afvs have the same top speed. i dunno about acceleration though.
    and you can have "super afvs" with 3 armor plates on the sides and 2 on the front and back.

and it's pretty pathetic if you cant hit a lt with a gren mortar/rocket launcher tbh.

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

no, mortar not hitting an LT is a legitimate imbalance compared to the AFV, which is made up for in it's lack of armor.

Mortar has a much larger arc than any cannon, making the height of the vehicle as much an issue as the movement. Think of it as trying to hit a moving 2d rectangle that can't go up and down compared to hitting a 3d box, trying to hit a spot on the ground where it will be without being able to see the arc of the projectile.

In other words, with tanks the arc is irrelevant. With Mortar it is highly relevant.

13. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

i was talking about close range, because at far ranges, you would have time to escape/rotate armor plates.

14. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Little late, but.

[​IMG]

15. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

16. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I honestly missed that specific part, my mistake. It's still a big freaking question for the Empires community, but if you don't want to say anything I don't want to bother you. Sorry.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

i am going to find you and rape you brutally

18. Trickster

I simply don't know, and I don't want to speculate pointlessly. Nothing more to it.

19. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

lol i'm gonna laugh if i see in the headlines like 2 days later "canadian rapist arrested over internet discussion board"
    think of the publicity it would bring to empires

20. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

my life wont be complete until i feel complete in me.. u can poor cement in my asshole if u want ^_^

this is an actual mold of the inside of an asshole made from cement. i think theres a ping pong ball inside as well.
    cracked.com
    [​IMG]
    In 1987, a 20-year-old man was admitted to the hospital complaining of rectal pain. X-rays revealed a hard, stony mass. The man admitted it was concrete that his boyfriend had poured into his ass while they were "fooling around" that had subsequently hardened into the equivalent of a massive concrete shit-brick.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011