Remove Squad Ability Class Restriction

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bitchslap, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I would argue that there are more useful powers than that. Or rather, I'd say add instant heal and charge in there. Which takes it into the realms of over half the powers being useful. But the issue is just that there aren't enough useful powers, direct action powers, rather than stupid passive ones like Rifleman armour. That's not a system problem.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The main problem in the squad system right now imo is that nub squads and okay squad dont get enough points and that vet squads will get 50 points in no time if they play serious. I dont wanna brag or anything but a lot of games I play being a squad leader of a vet squad the game usually ends cause of my squad power usage, i wait till I have around 50 points ( takes bout 10-15 minutes) and then just abuse squad rev squad heal and arty and its 80% of the time gg other team.

Conclusion: vet squads get rewarded too fast and can abuse that too spamm squad powers, a fix for this might be putting a cooldown on them.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

A cooldown is one solution but I don't really think that fixes the root of the problem, which is that, as you said, most squads simply don't earn points because they aren't doing squadwork, whereas your average vet squad will rack up squad points with ease. Adding a cooldown is really just a plaster (band-aid to USfags), it's not fixing the main issue, and I'd prefer to work out how we can fix that first.

I know how it can be fixed, but it's one of those "when the commander gets overhauled" things, so it doesn't really fix the problem in the meantime. So idk, I mean I agree something should be done about it, I'm just reluctant to get a cooldown added, because I'm sure there are better short term solutions we could think of.

4. Paradox

Well I dont really think there is a short term solution that could work for the squad powers except maybe just reducing the abuse.
    The points needed is pretty balanced, squad arty isnt that strong either if you dont have 30 points to spend on it. Squad rev is balanced insta heal is balanced too, it's balanced but the problem underneath this all is just the skill level - advantage ratio is like a logarithmic scale.

E.G. ( nubs being 1 and vets being 10) If you are a 0 skilled player you'll almost have no advantage where is when you are a 1 skilled player your advantages will rise drasticly and this keeps rising draticly the more you know, eventually a 10 skilled player will just have so many fucking advantages even compared to a 9 skilled player or w/e. it's just to exponential and this is basicly the base of the game, changing this would change the game, but without changing this a lot of the problems we encounter just wont get solved. But Imo it doesnt need to be solved. Atm we dont have enough okay players, we have 0-3 players and 7-10 players, the middle class is just missing, mainly due to low player count etc...

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

paradox you just really impressed me.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

tHE EMPIRES MIDDLE CLASS IS DISAPEARING

7. Paradox

wait are you being sarcastic?

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no, i agree on what complete sarcastically called "the disapearence of the empires middle class" - empires relies too much on knowledge. not saying that its bad, complex games are better games, but the info also is very well hidden in scripts and whatnot turning complex into complicated ...

... which brings us to a topic untouched for 5 years ...

... GUI!

:yawn:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

But they're changing it in the new version - to Nessie's ofc, but it's still better.

I dunno if I agree about the skill ranking thing... but I guess it's more apparent when we get new releases out and everyone comes back, there does tend to be a more dynamic battlefield. Still, there seems to be two types of skill in Empires - knowing what's going on, and being able to do anything about that. And typically, once you know what's going on, you can do at least something about it.

10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Shut up all of you, stop whining on the forums and actually start working on the mod /problem solved :)