Remove Squad Ability Class Restriction

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bitchslap, Feb 29, 2012.

1. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

Ok, so it's big, but simple and imho improves fun factor to the game

Allow Squad Leads to select their squad 'powers' at start of match regardless of class.

Allow anyone who becomes a Squad Lead throughout match to select their squad powers.

CONS:
    -may lessen class diversity

PROS:
    -more fun
    -customized squads easier to create
    -no squad lead switching in the heat of battle (which is really gay and unfun)

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Hmm... I was thinking this would be a good idea regarding the squad aura, but with the powers... not so much.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

5 vet grenadiers in 1 squad with squadleader having squad rev and squad arty? rather not bro.

4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

it would probly require a point rebalance per skill just like the weaponry requires rebalancing.

if everyone always takes squad revive becuse its only 5 points then the other skills need to have added incentive to be selected, one way is to lower/raise their points required to use.

It's not like squad revive should be that common of frequently useable anyhow as it's quite powerful when used properly.

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Scout + Hide + Rev :)

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't see the point of this. I can't think of a single positive outcome from it that isn't outweighed by a much worse one. Seriously, just think of the combinations.

7. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Don't need to think, LordDz already stated the worst one. Most any of them combined with Hide would be utter rape.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

scout + hide + squad arty on your com is even worse.

Hey... has anyone tried to swap squad leads while a squad skill is active?
    does it cancel? Can you activate squad hide.. then swap a gren into lead position then dash to the enemy com and squad arty the shit out of it?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  9. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

rank the squad skills

10 points = rev, hide, arty
    5 pts = heal, damage, speed
    2-3 pts = others

this prevents skill stack OR at least delays the possible use and frequency of it.

IF you get a squad that hides, arty's and revives, then you better be on your toes as a team to stop it, but you wouldn't be at risk of that happening often at all, perhaps 3-4 times in a match AT MOST if you balance the points approrpiately.

There are ways to implement this so that all players can customize their squad skills just like their class skills.

Imo, it's a much more exciting concept to add to the game that would attract people upon release.

10. LordDz_2

Bitchslap, seriously.
    With that way, you will kill rev and hide, cause they will never be used OR only be used to ninja.

Squad heal is good at the 3 points it currently is.

11. Trickster

Or don't change the system we have for a dumber one.

12. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

cough power trip cough...

Then alter it so players can only select one 'top ranked skill' and 2 others. You will still see some very cool combinations.

13. Trickster

It's a power trip because I don't think it's worth substituting a working, decent and varied system for a shitty one that hasn't been thought through even slightly? Just no.

I'll give you a little hand with making suggestions, given you're making a lot lately, and the same thing happens each time. If you make a suggestion, and people point out flaws, suggesting that you then fix OTHER stuff purely to accommodate your idea, which will then entail fixing OTHER OTHER stuff, and so and and so forth, usually means the suggestion isn't a good idea. This is in relation to this thread, and your suggestion regarding the Tank Chassis additions, in which you suggested we nerfed MGs purely so they wouldn't be overpowered on your new chassis idea, which would then have made them useless on other stuff, so we'd have to buff them, and so on and so forth. Or the RPG idea you're having, which is, let's totally nerf the RPG so it's useless unless you research a better version, rather than keep the enjoyable balance we've actually managed to reach with regard to Grenadier vs Tank balance, including lategame tanks.

Honestly, it's nothing personal at all, but your suggestions this past week have been fucking terrible, apart from the vehicle GUI one, and even that's pretty pointless. I get the feeling that you're posting them without asking a single other person if they're a good idea or not on steam, before you actually do. I mean, honestly, a bit of QA and you'd appear much more intellectual with regard to the game, because it's coming across as the complete opposite at the moment. Like I said, it's genuinely nothing personal, and I do like you (even though you more than likely no longer reciprocate that feeling after I've dumped on every post you've made), but really, there's only so many bad suggestions I can take, and this has gone way past that point.

14. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

i suggest we make you lead dev, you officially now have the right attitude for the job.

all in favor say AYE!

15. LordDz_2

No seriously, he has a point. Think of your suggestions more.

16. communism

communism poof

Being able to choose the aura would be nice tbh.

17. Trickster

A selection of auras would be nice, or at least a few per class rather than the locked ones we have now, but they should still be relevant to the class. But choosing squad powers is out of the question.

18. Michael

Michael Member

As most of you, I was thinking about squad auras, and came to some ideas, but these are not that "suggestive, must have" types... these are just ideas which I want to share with you simply.

Totally seperate the squad auras from classes, so now they only requires the squad leader and his squad members around in the same method we already have.
    Squad being together gets the health regen aura beacuse they are together and not divided across the entire map.
    The further auras would be acquired via orders from the sq leader. (Though sq members still receive them in the normal radius.)
    -Move order activates stamina regen, since that is required the most to go from A to B asap.
    -Guard or Attack location order activates accuracy bonus, since those means fighting in general.
    -Attack unit order activates damage bonus, since it is appropiate to take down that exact one target asap.

And in the end I have a question. Which weapons are affected from the damage bonus aura (and the sq power) ?
    Infantry weapons, grenades, tank weapons... engy turrets?

EDIT: This would make auras sq order based which is overrided by the comm order, it would be useful to seperate the too. So when you receive the commander order, your squad order remains active. (different color)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  19. Trickster

I don't agree with separation, but the idea of having effects based off squad orders is interesting. Problem is, then you get squad leaders just putting a move order to the middle of nowhere just to try and get the aura.

20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Trickster, the squad power system isn't any of those things. You have three powers, hide, arty, and revive. None of the others do anything or are ever used. You might as well just have a single squad power button and give every class one power.

The proposed system isn't any better, but the existing one is not good.