Remote turret recycling

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sayton, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Sayton

Sayton Member

Something that often bugs me when I'm playing as an engineer is when I've set up a turret somewhere in the begining of the game, only to later on find myself on the frontline - unable to build a turret because I've still got one left near the base.

An easy fix would be to make it so that if you place out a new turret, your old one is automatically recycled.

...Thoughts?

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I'd go with a button to destroy your old turret instead. And until the devs do anything (if they do anything at all :p) you can change your class and any engie buildings will be destroyed.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

this has already been suggested

you can change class to get rid of the placed turret

4. Pod

Pod Member

But presumably the turret is located near the place you respawn/change class at :)

5. newguy

newguy Member

I was thinking the same thing. It's annoying when you place a turret somewhere in the map, only to later find yourself in a better position to place a turret. You can't go all the way back and recycle the turret since you would probably get killed. I think you should be able to recycle a turret at any time in the game without having to be standing right next to it.

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

despite the fact that dubie grapehead stated it best, you can recycle your turret from any spawn point or class changeable area by rapidly changing class and then changing back to engineer, this is just another 'idiot-proofing' idea that simplifies and makes more clear the gameplay for newbies. Therefore I think it (along with a whole slew of other suggestions) should most certainly be included, if for no other reason then to keep them quiet ;)

plus, a recycle turret button would keep your walls and camera from being destroyed when you change classes.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Why should I have to kill BOTH my turrets, as well as my camra just because I want to remove one of them. totally smacks of "unpolished amature mod". There should be a way to be able to right click with engy tool, have an option in the build menu of "destroy", and then when you click that you get the options of what you have built. if you have two of the same thing built (i.e, two mg turrets) you get the option of "old lev 1 MG" and "newer lev 1 MG"

8. newguy

newguy Member

Precisely. However you can't build two of the same thing.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

get to 40 points and you can.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Just get forty rank points and you'll see what we mean ;)

11. newguy

newguy Member

Didn't know that :o

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

this just wasnt a big enough issue for us to really need to fix it

if you have 2 turrets then im guessing you are in a tank or on district..

13. zergl

zergl Member

I actually made it on crossroads yesterday.
    EDIT: Without driving tanks... (Much.)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  14. Kadreal

Kadreal Member

So that's why I had two turrets out.... I looked down and saw two health bars next to turret and did a double take, thought it was a bug!

15. Degenatron

Degenatron Member

Awaken, awaken, awaken....

I command this thread to RISE!

Just chipping in my 2 cents:

Going back to the barracks to change classes when you need to build a turret and can't is just as bad as having to go to you old turret. Either way it takes you out of the fight when you should be setting up defense. This has happened to me 3 times since I've started playing and that was enough for me to notice.

An eligant solution would be to place a small recycle button in the lower left corner of the build button for the structure. Additional structures would another button added to the right of the first. This would go for the turrets and surviellance equipment. The walls would get only one that would recycle all (or a button for every X number of segments - 5 would be a good number). And of course the ammo box would get no recycle button.

D-Gen

16. Balo

Balo Member

Im 40+++ in every game as engineer, sometimes i just click the B button and find myself with 3 empty skill slots.

Im a busy one, I dont really kill, I get all my points building/repairing.

17. Slamz

Slamz Member

They need to let Commanders recycle engineer equipment. I think you can already recycle an engineer's walls, but not his turrets or sensors.

This way, not only could you request that the commander recycle some turret you don't want anymore but it would allow the commander to remove that one pesky turret that's blocking the ideal spot for a vehicle factory (or a refinery -- griefer method #23 is to go around to local refineries and plop down a turret or a sensor so your team can't build there).

18. petemyster

petemyster Member

empires needs a remote destroy button, as people said you can just respawn, but Sayton said on the frontline, this means it would really really inappropiate for him to have to leave the battlefield them come trutging back to miss the combat.

19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

How about add a deconstruct button, with a penatly with ethier a rank penatly or a 30 seconds of ''not-allowed-to-build-turrets''

20. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Well the recycle time for buildings is 30 seconds currently, so that system works.♠