Reduce recycling time to half?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Mr. Weedy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon Banned

sounds good

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Any time when someone recycles something because it was going to die anyway is a major disruption to gameplay, especially compared with just slightly shortening the time to remove something that is possibly in the way. The first consideration I make when I look at this suggestion is let's not fuck up a good thing (that comm's dont recycle buildings you're attacking to prevent you getting points and giving them res back)

I think the ONE situation that the reduction of recycling time is needed is when your noob comm does place an armoury across the front of the VF, or so forth. this is a situation where your team are around, and the enemy is not. in this situation, I think it's totally fair that when a structure has been set to be sold, you can use your calculator on it to deconstruct it at a faster rate than it is currently being sold. the way I picture this being done is that when something has been clicked as sold by the commander- when an engineer points his tool at the building a text display comes up on screen, similar to the BRENDI WINS or YOU NEED TO BE DUCKED TO FIRE THE MORTAR one that appears. on the text is "## seconds until building is recycled", starting from 30. if you use your calculator on this, then the number goes down twice as fast"

that's just how I picture it.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

We could make it something arbitrary like any building over 150 res needs an engy to recycle it (faster than the 30s). :confused:

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

I don't mind the long recycle times, except for walls.

5. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

I don't have too much of a problem with the 30 seconds. I wouldn't protest if it was shortened though.

Slightly offtopic: there needs to be a "cancel recycle command" button. I'm always mistakenly pressing the recycle button and that can waste a whole lot of valuable time

30seconds + time to find an engi to rebuild + time it takes to explain why they have to build a new rax next to the old one IMMEDIATELY + time it takes to build = fail