RageOnline, a web based game for the Empires community

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KILLX, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

no new release. Unless you get angry's files, then that's fine. Otherwise, no new release >.<

2. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Yeah

However, why cant you fix things without destroying everything, restarting the database, and making us rise like a phoenix from our ashes.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

he doesn't know how to fix code issues?

I think that was it.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Yep. I will only have finished a course on visual basic next week, my only programming experience. Although, I know of another site that uses this release but has it fixed better. I'm going to see if the admins will share, since there are some bugs that don't exist there that we have.

Edit: Shit, never mind, they blindly updated to the broken release.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  5. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Where did you get the source? I want to look at it.

6. Deiform

Deiform Member

What...the...hell, half the people are in the same alliance.

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'd rather not share where I got it from, people decided to post easily exploitable bugs in the thread (like what URL to visit to get free buildings :|).

8. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

I want to read it so I could fix those sorta things :P

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Warning to the Nexus of Inter Galactic Rulers alliance leader, 24 hours before I go into the database and drop your alliance from existence. The acronym is racist.

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i'm out feel free to raid me at this rate I'm don't have the time to micro 10+ planets on such high speed.

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'm putting your account into vacation mode then, otherwise its easy free resources for raiders, which it shouldn't be.

Edit: NVM, it's more complicated than I thought and I don't want to break anything. You have 4 hours to do it yourself before I change your PW, PM it to you on the forums, and enable vacation mode on it. It's pretty cheap to leave 10 worlds running for other to harvest.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Killx, you need to multiply the points by 2.500.

I got 1 point rather than 2500, which means you need 2500 points to get 1 officer.

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

That's normal. To fix it, I would need to overhaul the dark matter system due to how horribly inefficient the game code is. Instead I will be handing out dark matter to ALL players on a weekly basis.

14. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I have PHP experience and I can fix a few little bugs.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

You sure you want to stick your hand into this? I have coding experience with VisualBasic6. I can't make any sense out of its calls to other php scripts to actually trace where the broken code is :| Its so horribly inefficient D:

16. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I can fix small things, and maybe take care of a few errors. I dont have a lot experience in PHP, but I did work with it for 3 months in a college course. I do have a lot of college experience in coding, just not a whole lot in PHP.

I should be able to help a tad if you want.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its a special way of coding, ogame was made by professionals and this way if coding is really good for some things but i cannot remember what because i have to study that field some more :s

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Well, I'm going to ask for input from others first. To test any fixes, you are gonna need FTP access. Which means you can open config.php and get the database login info. And I don't know you well enough to let you have access to that without anyone I trust backing you.

19. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Is this worth signing up to atm? After reading past couple pages it seems like a buggy mess, no point signing up if its constantly being reset :|

20. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It was reset twice, but those 2 resets were within 5 min of each other. The first one was because 10x was too fast, so I lowered it to 5x. 5x was a little too fast still, and all the new joiners were at a huge disadvantage. So I reset it. And after the reset it defaulted to 100000x which gave the first joiners a massive advantage. I fixed the speed, deleted them then manually lowered my res back to starting. That was the second reset.