Radar gives targets to friendlies in its area.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Meliarion, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

So you want to remove the red lines vissible on the minimap and in the commander view?

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Remove commander targeting period. It is equivalent to seeing through walls/buildings/map/etc.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

KillX is right

4. Sirex

Sirex Member

I think that he should be able to give area attack commands. So he can send squads to different places.

5. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

All a suggestion can do is spark debate in an area, as very few suggestions are unanimously accepted. I created this suggestion with the aim of making radars useful for intel instead of just being used as research stations the entire time.
    If Killx is right about 'wallh4><' being removed then perhaps someone can come up with another way to make the radar useful for intel gathering.
    And Fricken Hamster I have updated the original post with your corrections, just for completenesses sake.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I think you know this, but when you select the radar in com view, it gives away a green circle. Every bloody enemy (without radar stealth, scout) is shown upon the minimap in range of it.

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

satanchild: in every multiplayer FPS ever made someone comes up with a hack to see the enemy through walls to get more kills. empires is just the only game i can think of to implement this as a feature (it was not intended as a feature but not using it is now bordering on com griefing)

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Fixed.

9. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

I have an alt-suggestion: make an assistant commander who uses the radar to do the micromananging of the wall-hacks, freeing up the commander from it. Basically they get an F2 menu for standing in the radar for doing it.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Wow that will be so much fun

11. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

It'll be a bit of fun, since it will discourage wall hacks unless the team is really desparate for them. It's occasionaly fun to take one for the team, like play engie and repair the tanks, etc...

But short of something like that, I'd side with taking the wallhacks out or only leaving the engies and scouts with that ability.