Question: Direct hull damage

Discussion in 'Coding' started by MajorTom, Aug 28, 2010.

1. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

Is it possible to have a vehicle weapon that deals a little damage to both the armor and hull at the same time? And if so how would I do it?

I'm trying to make a new vehicle weapon or two, maybe in time I will tie it into the electrical tree to give it its mg weapon.

What I have so far.
    Code:
    "Armor Piercing Gatling Gun"
    	{
    		"Name"			"Armor Piercing Gatling Gun"		//name given when selecting weapons
    		"HUD Name"		"AP Gatling"			//name displayed in the weapon area of the vehicle HUD
    		"Description"		"A large gatling gun that deals damage to both a vehicles armor and its hull, though very little"		//description given when selecting weapons
    		"Icon"			"vehicles/gui/weapons/mg_large"		//icon drawn in the GUI
    		"HUD Icon"		"vehicles/gui/weapons/mg"
    		"Size"			"3"		//number of slots required when selecting weapons
    		"Type"			"0"		//0=machine gun, 1=tank cannon, 2=artillery cannon, 3=missile launcher, 4=grenade launcher, 5=aircraft bomb bay
    		"Cost"			"150"		//cost of this weapon added onto vehicle cost
    		"Team"			"ALL"		//team that can use this "NF" or "IMP"
    		"Research"		""		//name of research item that must be researched before using
    		"Sound Firing"		"Vehicle_DUHMG.Fire"
    		"Sound Impact"		""
    		"Sound Reloading"	""

"Damage Type"		"APBullet"
    		"Ammo Type"		"1"		//for mguns only, 0 = nonarmor penetrating (no effect on armored vehicles), 1 = armor penetrating (hurts armored vehicles), 2 = explosive (hurts vehicles and has a radius damage around it based on 'explosion radius'"
    		"Damage"		"4"		//damage done by projectile
    		"Speed"			"1000"		//speed of projectile
    		"Gravity"		"0"		//effects of gravity on the projectile, only for projectiles
    		"Heat"			"0.6"		//heat added per shot fired (100 total heat added to vehicle puts it in an overheated status).
    		"Weight"		"50"		//weight in terms of effects on engine and weight restrictions for chassis
    		"Cycle Time"		"0.05"		//time between shots
    		"Clip Size"		"50"		//ammo loaded per reloads
    		"Total Ammo Clips"	"5"		//max ammo clips carried (0 is the same as not using clips)
    		"Reload Time"		"2.5"		//time to load one clip, if total ammo clips is '0', time to reload one unit of ammo (as one unit of ammo is reloaded per time and not a full clip)
    		"Projectile Spread"	"0.02"		//only applicable to machine guns at the moment
    		"Heat To Target"	"0"		//heat added to target on hit (a small amount of heat is also added to the target based on damage, this is defined within the armor script)
    		"Inertia"		"1"		//only applicable to cannons, artillery cannons, and grenades; affects how the speed of the vehicle affects the momentum of the projectile (higher inertia = vehicle speed will affect the trajectory of the projectile possibly causing it to veer off from a straight line or shoot farther or shorter)
    		"Explosion Radius"	"0"		//radius of damage sphere to hurt surrounding entities
    		"Explosion Force"	"0"		//force of explosion

//only for missile launchers
    		"Dumb Missile"			"0"		//'1' if missile flies straight ahead
    		"Homing Missile"		"0"		//'1' if missile flies towards locked on target
    		"Guided Missile"		"0"		//'1' if missile follows crosshairs after launch
    		"Missile Range"			"0"		//max range in HL2 units (1 inch = 1) that the player can lock onto a target with a homing missile, or range from vehicle being fired from when a guided missile stops following the player's crosshairs
    		"Lock On Time"			"0"		//time it takes for a homing missile to lock onto the target under the player crosshairs
    		"Lock Range Modifier"		"0"		//modifies lock on time based on range (as range increases, lock on time increases based on the modifier: modifier * range to target + lock on time = total lock on time)
    		"Countermeasure Effectiveness"	"0.9"		//a percentage (1 = 100%) which determines how likely the missile will lock onto a flare or chaff rather than the actual target when flares or chaff is inbetween it and its target. When a flare or chaff is detected in front of the missile, a number between 0.000 and 1.000 is generated.  If the number is less than the effectiveness number, the missile will target the flare/chaff.
    		"Turning Ability"		"0.2"		//determines how effective the missile can turn to home in on its target or guide itself to the crosshair for a guided missile; 1.0 means the missile can turn instantly towards its target, 0.0 and the missile doesn't turn at all

//explosion effects
    		"Explosion Speed"	"3"	//how long the explosion sprite lives (15 is default)
    		"Explosion Sprite"	"1"	//explosion sprite to use for explosion, 0 = default, 1 = green (bio), 2 = blue (plasma)

//effects
    		"Tracer Type"		"tracer_du" //Tracer effect, tracer names are logical, a list: tracer_du, tracer_bio, tracer_he, tracer_rifle, tracer_smg, tracer_vehiclemg, tracer_cg, tracer_plasma

//Falloff
    		"Falloff"			"2500"		
    		"Falloffbase"			"0.9"		
    		"MinimalDamage"			"2"	
    	}
    Edit: Also if anyone can provide me with a link to the thread with the lazor particle download I really need it

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I would need to change the code for that.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

A dev that answer?!

EMP IS ALIVE!

4. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

Another question, do tracers follow cannons?

I wanna say they don't, so if not, how would I get a cannon or even a missile to be followed by a trail of some sort?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

hey major tom if u make an mg for electrical, i suggest like emp bullets or something like that, it does damage to the plates and the inner system what represents the hull.

6. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

Also, I need to know why my lazor is attacking way off center.

I fire it and where it hits (or at least where the explosion occurs) is 5 miles away from the center of the crosshair and the cannon/missile sprite.

Maybe it goes too fast?
    Code:
    	"Lazor Beam"
    	{
    		"Name"			"Lazor Beam"		//name given when selecting weapons
    		"HUD Name"		"Lazor Beam"			//name displayed in the weapon area of the vehicle HUD
    		"Description"		"This weapon uses a large amount of mirrors, lenses, and a gas medium to create a lazor beam which does a large amount of damage to the target with pinpoint accuracy."		//description given when selecting weapons
    		"Icon"			"vehicles/gui/weapons/cn_large"		//icon drawn in the GUI
    		"HUD Icon"		"vehicles/gui/weapons/cn"
    		"Size"			"3"		//number of slots required when selecting weapons
    		"Type"			"3"		//0=machine gun, 1=tank cannon, 2=artillery cannon, 3=missile launcher, 4=grenade launcher, 5=aircraft bomb bay
    		"Cost"			"160"
    		"Team"			"ALL"		//team that can use this "NF" or "IMP"
    		"Research"		"Rail Gun"		//name of research item that must be researched before using
    		"Sound Firing"		"Vehicle_RG.Fire"
    		"Sound Impact"		"Vehicle_RG.Impact"
    		"Sound Reloading"	""

"Damage Type"		"Missile"
    		"Ammo Type"		"0"		//for mguns only, 0 = nonarmor penetrating (no effect on armored vehicles), 1 = armor penetrating (hurts armored vehicles)
    		"Damage"		"15"		//damage done by projectile
    		"Speed"			"15000"		//speed of projectile
    		"Gravity"		"0"		//effects of gravity on the projectile, only for projectiles
    		"Heat"			"2"		//heat added per shot fired (100 total heat added to vehicle puts it in an overheated status).
    		"Weight"		"90"		//weight in terms of effects on engine and weight restrictions for chassis
    		"Cycle Time"		"0.1"		//time between shots (all weapons other than MGs have limits of 0.1 as lowest)
    		"Clip Size"		"25"		//ammo loaded per reloads
    		"Total Ammo Clips"	"3"		//max ammo clips carried (0 is the same as not using clips)
    		"Reload Time"		"4.0"		//time to load one clip
    		"Projectile Spread"	"0.01"		//only applicable to machine guns at the moment
    		"Heat To Target"	"4"		//heat added to target on hit (a small amount of heat is also added to the target based on damage, this is defined within the armor script)
    		"Inertia"		"0"		//actually reverse to inertia, only applicable to cannons, artillery cannons, and grenades; affects how the speed of the vehicle affects the momentum of the projectile (higher inertia = vehicle speed will affect the trajectory of the projectile possibly causing it to veer off from a straight line or shoot farther or shorter)
    		"Explosion Radius"	"20"		//radius of damage sphere to hurt surrounding entities
    		"Explosion Force"	"5"		//force of explosion
    		"Explosion Sprite"	"6"

//only for missile launchers
    		"Dumb Missile"		"1"		//'1' if missile flies straight ahead
    		"Homing Missile"	"0"		//'1' if missile flies towards locked on target
    		"Guided Missile"	"0"		//'1' if missile follows crosshairs after launch
    		"Missile Range"		"0"		//max range in HL2 units (1 inch = 1) that the player can lock onto a target with a homing missile, or range from vehicle being fired from when a guided missile stops following the player's crosshairs
    		"Lock On Time"		"0"		//time it takes for a homing missile to lock onto the target under the player crosshairs
    		"Lock Range Modifier"	"0"		//modifies lock on time based on range (as range increases, lock on time increases based on the modifier: modifier * range to target + lock on time = total lock on time)
    	}
    Wait, theres another damage type? That does this?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  7. Mashav

Mashav Member

Yes. If things go too fast, they start flying all over the place.
    No. He has no idea what he's talking about.

8. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

i wonder if it only does that if it goes OVER 9000!!!

9. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

"Speed" "15000" is the problem. 3600 is about the max safe speed that projectiles can travel. Any faster and the physics stop working.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it starts getting graduately funky at 2800-2600 depending on lag

11. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

yeh the tracers at time are horrible X_X its like its firing everywhere but at the crosshair

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I suggested a name for it and functions not that there was a mg for it.

13. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

MG weapons are all hitscan weapons anyways, so they ignore the speed and just instantly hit.