Put bug report thread into suggestion/general chat

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by communism, Feb 1, 2009.

1. communism

communism poof

Alot of things go un-noticed by the devs and most casual players know of them and turn it into an suggestion. I say move the "Bug report" thread into a more obvious place.
    There would most likely be a bunch of retarded bug fix "reports" but in the end more obvious overlooked problems would be found and reported ASAP

If this is against the rules somehow feel free to delete and looking through the stickys of the major sections I didn't see one involving bug reporting

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Do you mean moving the bug forum? or Mantis? I don't follow.....

3. communism

communism poof

Well the thread in the closed section "Report bugs here!". I don't see a link anywhere else for it and think it would help more than hurt the devs in finding and fixing bugs/glitches
    (http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=2473) if you have access

4. flounder

flounder Member

Only admins have access to that thread. I assume the theory is that admins read the bug forums, then recreate the bug themselves, then add it to that thread.

But I heard testing isn't done so much anymore so that process may be more or less defunct.

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

Mantis is primarily for testers, everyone else should just use the bugs section of the forums.