Pug- Saturday 16th 20:00 BST/3pm EDT/12pm PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by PredatoR[HUN], Jun 14, 2012.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah sorry, bad habit i edited the post in the meanwhile. exactly this point ... by points you cant tell who was the mvp so its misleading to speak about the top player in this way.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Top player is misleading too. That's more like best. Then I'd go look at p/d and k/d but anyway cant keep talking math is calling.

3. flasche

top means top of the scoreboard, thats what he is ...

edit:
    also kdr and pdr do not indicate the value of a player for the exact same reasons. could be, doesnt have to ...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Huge disagreement here. A player with 50-30-2 is obviously better than a player with 50-30-10

5. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Not really, the first player just had a revive whore with him. The fact is, you can't judge how usefull a player was by their score in empires. On that mvalley screenshot with Grant on top, I was very low because instead of killing stuff all I did during the whole game is driving apcs around and it was me who pinned the enemy cv and stunned him too.

6. flasche

thats dependend. if the 15kdr player was rifleman and the 3kdr player gren and 90% of his kills were tanks, mainly heavies, then the gren probably was more valuable though he had a lower kdr (who knows, maybe he was useless afterall? maybe the 14 tanks wouldnt have done any dmg).

the quality of a player is not measurable in points, unless the game is about amassing points ofc. often a bold player rushing into the enemy drawing them out by sacrificing himself can give a team the upper hand by creating a distraction. he died, he didnt get points and lowered his kdr, but in the end it was his distraction that tipped the battle.
    but ofc this doesnt qualify for a pissing contest.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Good KPD might mean person has been camping like a bitch and killing people from range so they got revived anyway. I've seen scouts top of the team, purely sniping, without making a single useful kill. KPD is irrelevant. Most kills, most deaths, most glory.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Can we add in tank kills (how many tanks you've destroyed)?
    Those are at least useful, and gives Grenadiers a little e-penis.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Sorry guys that I was killing players and reviving teammates. I didn't think it would cause so much butthurt to just play the game.

10. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

You are the greatest shazbot.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Let's have it this(exaggerated) way.

We have two teams.
    (All the pro killers) vs ( a pro + a bunch of n00bs)
    The pro on the n00b side have 50-30-10 ( have to against every pro, usually by himself, and no revive)
    and someone on the pro side have 50-30-2 (Raping n00bs, revives)

Is this guy on the pro side better?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  12. Michael

Michael Member

This is what we call "faszhossz verseny"...
    There is no point discussing whos is longer, or whos got the more K/D ratio and stuff.
    In a public, or pug, people come and go, and have fun.
    In a scrim a team is a team, so each and every member becomes victor or loser in the end no matter what was his role. All you need to do is to find what you are best in, and honor your teammembers and your enemy to maximize it, thus giving your best shot. If that is grannydiering, revive sparking, headshot haxxorzm or CV sticky stun 9-mine, arty hunting, etc. doesn't matter... what matter is have someone the so called best for each and every role, and you will have your drink for victory.