PUG on June 12th, 2100 BST / 2200 CEST / 1600 EDT / 1300 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazybum, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

We are having another PUG on June 12th. Join us and be sure to invite your friends. Old players and new players are welcome to join us.

Click here for your local time.

Times a little later then I like, but I was asked by Trickster to move it to friday and I won't be available til then to get it going on friday.

About this event.
    This is just a fun little event for everyone to play the bigger maps with a bit more coordination. We will play both stock and custom maps. There will be a 300 second vote time so teams can plan out a bit, and there will be preselected commanders.

Looking for commanders.
    Looking for commanders to volunteer to command. At the start of a new map I will pick 2 players to command that match. The idea here is that instead of scrambling to find someone to command a particular match, we can just pull people from the list. This also alleviates the problem of commanders not being able to show up on time.

Like last time, I'll make it so you don't have to command maps back to back, not unless you really want to command that map. I'll take whoever commanded the last map off the list and select from the remaining people. It'll be a first come first serve basis on which faction they want to command.

About maps

Maps are going to be a mix of custom and stock. Currently I have this as my list. You guys are free to suggest other maps with a reason on why it's better.

Isle: I promised a beach map and this a good map for larger pops.
    Chain: A huge map for a huge pug. 2nd map always has best attendance.
    Ward: A bigger version of duststorm, should prove fun.
    Caverats: A new map by DocRabbit. Doesn't need the biggest of pops to be fun if it starts to wind down, but if everyone is sticking around should still be good times.
    Nuclear: This will be the last map, a sort of wind down if you will. A new map by D.D.D. Destroyer. After this I expect the pug to close down. Edit: This may be palmbay instead because nuclear isn't on epic yet. I'll update this as soon as I can.

Download link for Nuclear can be found here.http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=18135
    Download link for Caverats can be found here.http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=18894
    Download link for ward can be found in this custom map pack, which has tons of other cool maps.http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=18454
    Now here's a download link just for ward if you want a smaller download. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlh6l31bw1tkq5f/emp_ward_rc2b.7z?dl=0

About Server

It will be on Viper's pug server. It will be mostly vanilla, the only thing it'll have is parachutes.
    After considering the time and the fact it's Friday we will be playing on epic. It'll be the pub server, but we will still have the same map rotation and longer vote time. Oh, if it can't happen in time I will switch out nuclear for palmbay because it isn't on epic as of yet.

Commander volunteers

Lazybum
    Metruption
    Complete_Lamer
    Paradox
    Trickster

Looking for at least 6 people to volunteer, though more than that are welcome to volunteer. I haven't had time yet, but I intend to ask people about commanding to make sure there's more commanders available then we had in the past.

Pm me if you have a question, or leave a comment on that group announcement which will be coming later in the day.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

is it the map with my garage thing in center? the one where you can cap this sideflags for defensive positions?

idk if it got fixed eventually, but last time i played (and its long since i last saw the map) i had missing textures (probably just something wrong in the res-file)

3. Lazybum

I think so, but I don't remember any missing textures. I guess cyberkiller fixed them up. This reminds me, I need to get a download of just ward. Should be easy enough though.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

you better hope vipet has a fastdl of ward cause noone besides me is going to download it

also i like ward

5. Lazybum

Yeah, I know it's like 200 megs or something. Things like that are part of the reason for longer vote times too. I'll contact vicki about it after I give her a copy of just ward, I don't think it's on viper yet.

6. Ranger

Ranger Member

Well I downloaded it. fux u

7. 101010

101010 Member

So hosting on an American server but at 4 pm east.. 1 pm west
    Probably be better to just host it on Epic. Or switch to Saturday.
    1pm / 4pm on a week day.. I know we are lazy Americans but some of us do have jobs..Seriously we do.

8. Metruption

Metruption Member

I volunteer to command

9. Lazybum

This was because it was suppose to be sunday, but I ended up changing to friday due to trickster's request. I admit it is a bit of a oversight on my part, it's just I already asked vicki about setting up a server before I found out it's happening on friday.

I can't do saturday, that's trickster's scrim thing.

10. complete_

complete_ lamer

i can command if you really need me to. im honestly not good though

11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I volunteer

12. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Why is this shit so early brah. I won't be finished work till around 5 est. Postpone it for a couple hours and I'll be able able to show. Not just for me, but I bet there is a bunch of 9-5ers that will be missing out on this.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You want euros to play in the morning of the next day?

14. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Don't they usually do that anyways? It is a Friday after all.

15. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

The options are: Pretty much no US players, or pretty much no euro players.

16. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

my vote is for americlaps

17. Lazybum

You can join in the later rounds, I'm guessing the whole event is gonna take around 3-4 hours if it's all good matches.

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Since it was not posted about the server change.
    It will be on EPIC due to the time of the PUG.

19. Acolyte

Acolyte Member

Count me in
    I will be destroying your
    barrack's
    solo
    :3

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Consider this a warmup/de-rust for the scrim league the following day.

I might command a round or 2 myself to get myself back into the groove, we'll see.