Proof of Concept for later on Project

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Kidpaler, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Thoughts? How would a map sound that has a villages that are completely destructible and the game changes based on the damage you do to the environment?

Would it work in Empires do you think?

I know this isn't a BIG step considering other maps have had the ability to do it, I just want specifically do you think a large scale destructible map would work?

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's the source engine, I would expect it to be very disappointing because it just isn't meant to really do that.

I would like to play it of course, but something tells me it's going to either look bad or perform bad.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

It's a pretty cool idea, I wonder just how great it would play out. I mean it's probably not going to be long before everything is rubble in Empires and if you die when the roof caves in then that needs to come with fair warning or it's just going to be a eath trap that nobody will go inside - could be good if combined with basements and tunnels though does sound a bit campy and empires has plenty of that as it is.

It's a cool idea though and it's been done right in some games before and adds a nice bit of immersion. I think though instead of a building or structure having HP it would be better for it to either withstand a hit or fail. Like a building could stand up to plenty of MG / light arms / standard cannon / RPG / Mortar but a big old fail against 2 / 3 slot weapons.