Promotion Awarded Equipment.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dannyboy, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Promotion Awarded Equipment: Description

Now, I've been thinking of this for awhile now and I think I have all the bugs ironed out. but I haven't yet completed all of the equipment they could get, but if you think you know one would fit, suggest it and if it's good enough I'll put it here in the OP and if you think there is a bug, I'll consider your point and also put it in the OP

Tie the infantry upgrade tree with the research tree so that its easier on commander decisions

For example.

Add on to class weapons:

commander reaches regenerative armour, so the engineer can choose a health box to aid his team as a add-on to the ammo box he can already supply because of regenerative bacteria for armour so its a portable version.

The commader gets upgraded ml so the grenadier gets a rpg upgrade for himself too so its tied in.

Suggested equipment for classes:

Rifleman: Laser addon, supressor MG bipod (allows the use of iron sights and stability)

Grenadier: Heat seeking rpg, but short range.

Scout: Micro UAV Bug Rifle (rifle that fires tracker bugs idea from chris)

Engineer: Health Box Building repairer(Repairs buildings automaticly, but has half the health of a radar/camera and repairs at the speed of a non-engineer building something)

These are only afew ideas of mine, but make yours and I'll sure put it up if its good and I'll put your name in brackets so you do get some credit ^_^

Pros:

Increases effectiveness of infantry
    easier to incorporate
    Can introduce strategys

Cons:

Coding
    Balacing
    Overpowered???

Alternatives

Infantry research tree

These pro, cons and alternatives are also just from me, if you think of any, put it in your post and if its valid enough I'll put it in along with your name.

EDITED!

Changed to get at 3rd and 4th promotions (good idea Ikalx)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Another con:
    Would make the loosing team loose faster, because of superior firepower.

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Suggested many times

I dont think it makes the loosing team loose faster cause if the lossing is not
    totaly noobish they have nearly as many people with 40 points than the winning
    team.

4. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

I search and I found nothing, and even if it has been my suggested, I've been more through in my suggestion.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sorry, don't agree with this one. This only really comes into play if the team is losing because they have a bunch of useless scouts, and yer gonna lose anyway like that. With the large scope Empires has for point earning, it doesn't matter if you're getting pwned or not - it ain't like it's purely based on kills.

If you want to do a promotion based scheme, I would recommend 30 points, instead of 20. 20 points is more of a "lets get to 20 quick so we can get equipment", whereas 30 is more like you'd have to be actually playing a fair amount to achieve it.

Personally, I don't think a point-based scheme is reliable compared to infantry research. You can be sure things will go wrong with points, although it does seem a more attractive gameplay element.

6. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Thing that makes me laugh is the amount of flameing and moaning when a person come up with a good thort out Idea. First the scout rifle, Its not over powerd all u need to do is balance it. It works in other games with maps just as big if not bigger...etc.

But on topic, I like the idea and dont know why the devs dont implament it.

*Edit: Have ANY ideas from the suggestion box EVER been IMPLAMENTED?

7. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Oh I wonder why the devs don't implement it.... Could it be something to do with them not shitting code, models, and hundreds of hours of play testing out their ass?

And yes multiple things have been implEmented from the suggestion box.

Also can we stop the entire comparing empires to other games. The only two other games that come closeish in terms of gameplay are NS and Savage.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

We need a bot that automatically replies with this sentence to every post in the suggestion forum.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I suggested a skill tree once that allows you to advance your abilities as the game progresses as an alternative to having infantry research being the only way to make the infantry more useful in the late game.

I think you could use this system to the same effect, put weapons in it that would be unbalanced early on but more useful in the later game, although tieing it to ranks would cause problems with giving a good team an even bigger lead.

In my original idea I had it tied to the resources your team collects, so more refineries = more unlocks, which stops the problems you might get with people just farming points to get unlocks and it gives them more incentive to actually take refineries. Maybe you could apply this here?

10. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

This is still a fucking horrible idea, even if we had code and models already.

If you have any sort of achievment that leads to greater fire power/bragging rights, then those people who want this stuff will forget about teamwork and the goal of the map.

You essentially open up a can of worms.

People need to focus on the objectives and not have to worry about their next weapon they can get.

Every multiplayer game that has done this is a piece of shit.

11. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

HSM your a god damn retard, all you do is flame the idea but don't give suggestions on how to make it better, so either do that, or fuck off and stay away from this thread, because if I want to hear from a arsehole I'll fart.
    /flame

Anyway Chris I think thats a good idea I'll think about it.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That's why I suggested you tie it to the resource income, because that is the objective of the map. Your team takes control of more map areas, they get more unlocks, I don't see how you can abuse that or deviate from the objective by doing that, because it is the objective. I can't imagine any point when attacking the enemy is a bad thing in empires, unless you're pausing to gather a bigger tank force with which to attack the enemy.

13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Best insult ever lol

14. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

If you're going to do that, you might as well just make it a secondary research option for the comm ("development?") It would cost much less res, and could be done in parallel with existing research. Or whatever.

15. thaile

thaile Member

The problem I see with tieing it to res- nodes is that it would promote skill stacking even worse. Since not only do the better team pawn the other, they get to do it with better stuff.

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I suggested it many times, make a second recource that generates its income
    through squadpoints. The commander can then spend those points to buy
    infantry upgrades.

17. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

Personally I think we should try to simplify the game some instead of adding more and more shit. Prioritize over what is needed most in the game and scrap off unneeded stuff that overcompliates the game..

18. Rexz

Rexz Member

I support this to an extent. It HAVE to base on how your team is doing though, so you are force to actually be useful for your team to actually be getting all these advance upgrade.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Actually the whole point of the suggestion I pulled that idea from was to remove the need for the comm to advance the infantry, as I thought giving the comm a choice between tank and infantry development would lead to a conflict of interest, so either you make it cost no res and be done in parralel with the normal research, in which case why do you need the comm do do it? Or you fuse infantry and vehicle research into one item, so when you research something it unlocks things for both groups.

Basically I like the idea of self-directed customisation in a match, it lets people play a bit more how they like, I really enjoy games that have this sort of customisation in them so I wanted to bring it to empires.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

Dingdingding.