Priority Orders

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Apogee, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Apogee

Apogee Member

When comming, I'd love the ability to be able to give priority orders. Basically, this would be giving an order with additional urgency; take out an APC running for the base, or a ninja, or something of the sort. Could be implemented as holding shift when issuing orders, and the visual and audio cues be be more attention grabbing, like "Attack this target, immediately!"

Pros:
    -Easy(ish) to implement
    -Gives more flexibility to commanders
    -Could allow for order stacking (one target being priority, others being normal)
    -Less yelling at people to respond to immediate threats

Cons:
    -More target spam?

Thoughts? I'd love to have this ability...

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Suggestion: The comm can give one priority order every X minutes (or X seconds, or whatever -- or maybe two in that timeframe.)

Then, when a priority order is carried out, the person who did it gets an extra point. After all, points represent ranks, partially, don't they? It's logical that people who obey priority orders would get more. And this would help ensure that they're listened to.

3. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I think order stacking is an excellent idea.

You could have like a small list on top like in Dystopia that lists orders. The commander could, by clicking on you, see your current orders and edit them and assign priorities to them.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Metalhead likes that :|ove:

5. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

shift should be rally orders (automatically give second order when first is completed)