Possible resist system changes?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lazybum, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I suppose it's best to put this in suggestions, it'll sound like one even though I really just want a discussion on it.

Anyways, the resist system has a ton of resists that could be possibly used. It has main ones for weapons, plus a few variations that aren't actually used, as well as ones for specific trees. Along with a couple that are reserved for, and not used, building type damages, though no one says you have to use it for that.

Something I always thought when I first saw the resist system is that the general tree resists was either suppose to be or were used but reverted to be an additional resist to whatever damage type they're suppose to be. For instance ranged cannon and rails both use the same resist type, kinetic. Most buildings have a resist of 0.85, so if you increased the general physics resist .05 decreased general electric resist to -.05 you'd end up with ranged doing only 10% against buildings and rails doing 20% of it's damage to buildings. this is just is an example, to show how such a system works.

The idea is you could further differentiate tree type research to be good or bad or simply average against one of the 3 main things, buildings, tanks, and infantry. So physics could be really good against buildings but crap against tanks.

Now I'm not saying this is a great idea, but I am saying the current resist system isn't really being used much and this would give more options to something that is already there.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I agree. When we have a richer gui to communicate more elaborate things, that would certainly be something worth testing.