Points for scout sticky assist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Private Sandbag, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think that if you scout sticky an enemy vehicle, and it is killed by anyone in the following 10 seconds, then you should get a point for your heroic assistance to the team.

I also think that scout stickies should have a greater throw range, but thats another matter.

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Melee upgrade could = greater throwing range, which would be cool cool. You could even have reduced damage from falling. We could call it maximum strength and...o wai-

If you get a point for this it should be
    1 point for being a hero.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

If scouts get assist points then so should every other class.. I cant even tell you how many times I put 5 shells into a tank only to have the kill stolen from some one else.. Or all the times I shoot a shell that makes someone fly to there death.. haha that would be cool to get points for that

4. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

sounds good.

4*

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

That's worth considering, but this seems easier to implement overall, and makes a basic sense... scout stickies seem to be a little underused, too.

Is there a suggestion out there for kill-assist points? If people are worried about it giving points too easily, it could be something like one point for every two kill assists or whatever...

The problem is, what counts as an assist? What if I shoot one RPG on the left side of a tank, then you blast through the right side and kill it? What if I shoot off one plate on right side, then a few minutes later you finish the job? What if I hit the tank once, it runs from me, and while it's running in panick you kill it? What if I lead a tank into one of your turrets, then bait it into overheating without ever shooting it myself? What if a scout uses smoke to confuse a tank, causing it to roll into the water? There's no way to cover absolutely every possible way people can cause a death.

Tracking the exact amount of damage each person does to the tank would probably be harder, too... And it could occasionally mess things up (e.g. I blast madly at a tank hitting it on all four sides for a lot of damage that doesn't even begin to get through its armor, then you do a lot of focused damage on one side that kills it... but do less damage overall than I did.)

Whereas awarding points for tanks killed while disabled by scout stickies is dead easy and uncomplicated, so I think we should at least do that much.

6. Minozake

Minozake Member

I would think the scout's self-gratification in that situation would be worth more than a thousand points.

Of course there isn't a sure-fire way for every situation, but there doesn't need to be. Right now, a basic damage system could supplement for those who don't get rank points for 'assists' right now. It's either whoever gets lucky or whoever gets cheap and steal kills that get the most rank points in combat. Although, technically if you are using squads as they need be, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

So, maybe more of an emphasis on squad combat for rank points? I would think that would be better than a damage system (less coding, for sure).

7. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

whilst normally i would agree with you, I have to lean the other direction on this particular issue, because of my personal opinion that scouts are freaking useless.

BUT, that just begs the question: why tweak with the sticky points, if the grenade as a whole is somewhat flawed? I guess I could go either way on this issue. I tend to agree with sandbag, given the low power the range isn't justified.

8. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

[FONT=&quot]I belive this may be a possible solution. And I agree with lobster's range statement.
    [/FONT]

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm not saying the grenade isn't flawed. I'm not expecting people to use it more because of this suggestion. but if people get points for SPOTTING enemy tanks, then risking your life to aid team mates should get points. unlike other weapons where if you and a buddy shoot the enemy, you have a 50 - 50 chance of getting the kill, with scout grenade you have almost 0 chance of getting the kill... the only thing you gain the is big assistance to your team.

10. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

Is the spotting points thing only for asking for an arty strike with binocs rather than just the f menu spotting? Just wondering

Personally I use the scout stickies quite often (most times I'm a scout) and seem to get kills with them not too infrequently (a couple on the side of an apc seem to do the job early on, even later on I've managed to make a couple go far enough off balance that they blow up). Would it be restricted to one point if the sticky killed the tank itself?

Personally i'd rather the extra point wasn't in the game. The grenades may need tweaking, but i wouldn't go down the extra points route.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah no extra points if you kill the vehicle itself, only if it dies by someone elses assistance after you scout sticky it.