Plasma mg nerf?

Discussion in 'General' started by NobleDragon, Jul 18, 2006.

?

What should be done about the Plasma MG?

1. Nerf it

25.9%
  2. Leave as is

37.0%
  3. Dont care

18.5%
  4. Should be re-evaluated balance wise

18.5%
  1. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

But you cant have both a Plasma Mg and one of the three listed above at the same time.

2. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

I think the problem that caused the need for this threat to be started was because of his equipment, it ment that the weapon had no real counter other than useing the same weapon against them and useing it better than them.

I'm for a nerf that would only effect tanks that had Either Biodiseal or Advanced Coolant that would render the Plasma weapons insanely ineffective.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

a tank that equips plasma mg will have no mg to kill infantry effectively and will be very vulnerable vs those pesky musquitos, I dont see why it should be nerfed, like I stated in my previous posts, it doesnt actually kill a tank and the question is whether you would want to equip a plasma cannon and go for a slower kill or go for any armor damaging mg that will more easily kill tanks one on one. It doesnt necesarily need a perfect counter, imo that would be too easy and take away even more skill from this already very strategy dependent (sp?) game.

Ofcourse you can always go for doing the exact same thing, but what would you do when someone has a perfect strategy for a certain part of the game, the easiest thing would be to do exactly the same and in most cases this would be the most viable option, but it doesnt mean there wouldnt be any other ways to do it, you might lose a bit at start, but if you could keep up surviving you might actually have something a lot more effective. Im not good with words so that wont make much sense.

A good example I can give you is NS Combat. If you join a server without level mods and stuff you are only allowed to get 10 upgrades max.

Now some skulk could decide to go for leap, focus and cloaking as their first 3 upgrades, they will most likely pwn the shit out of the enemy in the start of the game. But the thing is, at the end, focus and cloaking might not be that usefull (especially cloaking since its not a raw power of any form, ppl playing diablo2 will exactly know what im going at) meaning you wasted 2 upgrades in the long run.

Now on the other hand, someone alien would decide to save up his upgrades till he can go fade, most likely his score would look like shit the first few mins ( 2 - 6 or even 0 - 6) but once he gets to fade with the upgrades he saved, he will pwn the shit out of them and from there on only get better and ending in maybe like a 40 - 6 score, while the skulk that immidiatly took things that were good for the time would probly have lets say a 10 - 0 score but later on could go up to a 30 - 15 score.

This can be applied to anything and especially for research in empiresmod, theres no need for real counters is what im basicly trying to say since you can go for something completly different and be a lot more effective with it if you can get the conditions turn your way.

Ok sorry if that made no sense or was just a pain to read :<

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The tank is stalled in the middle of nowhere... by the time its overheated its in the red... Cant fire... You are rougly at 25% over heated... You shoot a cannon round, that gives some heat to the enemy, you wait, your back at 15% heat, shoot some plasma, the enemy stills stalls, shoot more rounds until the tank shoots back at you, you shoot plasma, etc

Plasma IS DEADLY against tanks... only biodeisel has a chance since you can retreat at the same speed and give no real indication when you lost the heat needed to fire...

By that point infantry is nearly obsolete... just fire that HE cannon or that nuke you have to take care of any infantry...

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

dizzyone: That research (NS) note applies to almost any research.

What I wanted to have is something that can really kill railgun+plasma mg tank. Going out of your tank just to kill another tank seems stupid (he can take nukes btw I think).

6. zachtos

zachtos Member

decrease ROF

everything else is fine.

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I never said that MOOtant, and I have given you a counter. You guys need to consider that nerfing this weapon, as in taking away its effectivity will probly render this pretty much useless, its strong in terms of overheating a vehicle and thats exactly what its supposed to do, this is already a very specialized heavy tank and just like all the others it should be powerfull. You guys keep forgetting there are tanks out there that can kill a heavy tank with only 3 hits, 3 hits? Do you want me to show you what it means if you nerf plasma? because Plasma mg is a counter and you are trying to nerf it, for no good reason. Ok let me give you some counters vs plasma: artillery, teamwork, some tank customizations that you should explore for yourself.

Im telling you guys there are more annoying vehicle weapons out there and maybe you havent had them all been used against you/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  8. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

i was experimenting with different tanks and equipment
    plasma mg is lethal AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO BACK IT UP WITH
    otherwise its kinda shite
    get rid of it :/
    you may as well get rid of railguns or he arty
    think b4 you post

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

PWNT.
    I'm all for a weapon that deals major damage, as long as it requires some teamwork.

10. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'd love to have field guns that required a couple people to use it effectively.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I'm not saying that plasma mg should be just a normal mg or anything similar. I'm saying only that it's slightly overpowered (ROF or heat done to enemy) especially when you compare it to plasma cannon. You can change the ROF/heat done to that level that it will still be a good thing to use but it will be a little bit less deadly (atm I get overheated from 500m then I need to hide for 10-20 seconds to have chance of shooting then 10-20 more to really start fight).

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I propose theese changes:

Decrease the heat damage on the enemy tank
    increase RoF
    Make Plasma damage objects SLIGHTLY