Passenger Controls Secondary Weapon

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ranger, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Ranger

Ranger Member

While looking at chassis scripts I found this "Seat" "1" //The passenger who controls this weapon

It's not as simple as it looks as chaning the number to two won't show the weapon in the creation menu so you can't set primary or secondary fire, therefore it's useless for the passenger. But maybe it was a meant future to have a secondary gunner in your vehicle?
    I know it has been suggested but I didn't find the thread. It's not in under consideration or rejected so it must have been lost to the ages.

In combination with Turret should not rotate passenger this would be a nice addition and would probably enhance teamwork. Like Gren/Engy Gren/Rofl combinations in tanks/APCs. Just someone to use the mg when he's not otherwise engaged.

That implies that the weapons we put on our tanks are physically located on the hatch and not in the turret, next to the cannon barrel.

This might complicate things depending on where Empires is heading, development-wise. Like Should tanks have two separate mgs, so 4 yellow slots in total? One on the hatch and one in the turret? OP? Double HEMG? HEMG +BioMG? In the future it is said that each weapon will have its own model, that's where I'm going.

Or

All MGs could be available only for the gunner. No tank driver would be able to use them.
    Side-note: NF APC has an advantage: gunner can't get shot.

Also, it would be a good idea to implement @Lazybum's Crouching in second seat hides you.

2. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

We're currently working on "Turret should not rotate passenger" but we're dropping support for tanks that are controlled by multiple players.

Unfortunately that will make this request impossible for the near future.

3. Ranger

Ranger Member

What about Crouching in second seat? I saw there is something for that in the scripts. It should change from 1 to 0 when you press crouch. It makes me think it should be easy to do..?

4. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

It should be possible to implement but if we want to prevent exploits we would have to add animations to the player crouching and uncrouching, it can't be instant.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure how they would exploit, I mean if they can't reload or pull a pin on a grenade while crouching in the seat I can't think of many things that would allow for exploits.

I guess instantly disappearing as soon as they get shot might be a bit annoying to some, but I wouldn't call it an exploit. Not really different then just crouching behind a wall to be honest.

6. Ranger

Ranger Member

2nd seat has standing animation anyway. It could use the animations we have.