Paris. Around 100 killed so far.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordDz_2, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Really? Though that cultural police would be all over that.

2. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

I saw a military chinhook today in quebec.

Surveillance for any terrorism actions or canada possibly going to do something in another country. Defending france or attacking ISIS if that would be the case.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wonder if trudeau will do what senior did if there's another terrorism crisis here.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

we're too separated from isis to have an actual terrorist cell in the country
    if it happens it'll only be lone wolfs or small groups

btw the people who were apart of that terrorist group in quebec that you were referring to now live quiet lives inside canada. and in some cases...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

France launched "massive" air strikes on the Islamic State group's de-facto capital in Syria Sunday night, destroying a jihadi training camp and a munitions dump in the city of Raqqa, where Iraqi intelligence officials say the attacks on Paris were planned.

Twelve aircraft including 10 fighter jets dropped a total of 20 bombs in the biggest air strikes since France extended its bombing campaign against the extremist group to Syria in September, a Defense Ministry statement said. The jets launched from sites in Jordan and the Persian Gulf, in coordination with U.S. forces.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

its ridiculous to think that airstrikes will win a war

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You need armies to win a war.

Airstrikes are just retaliation.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

you need a lot of airstrikes to take out as many strategic locations as possible so the ground troops have a better chance when sent in.

During Desert Storm they did about 1200 air strikes a day so when the troops were sent it, they had a good chance of succeeding.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Of course, but you still need to dedicate actual ground forces.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Anonymous is going to cripple ISIS cyber network and capabilities, if anyone can do it, they can.

11. Z100000M

Vicky please, i enjoy jokes about the anonymouse, but that was just weird.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

say what? not sure what you mean Z1000m

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I guess quebecois nationalist have nostalgia for FLQ. I believe it's the same in Ireland with ex-IRA members.

14. Z100000M

What, you were being serious? Anons are a joke vicky. They (as much as you can call whoever at any time decides to call him/themselves that) just do some random shit. What are they going to do? Spam ISIS tweet feeds with gachimuchi vids?

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

we shall see if they do what they say they are going to do.

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

und du lässt dich einfach so "islamisieren"? lusche ...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvPyo0W-0v0[/youtube]

... eher sterb ich. ich bleib (atheistischer) agnostiker bis in den tod (naja vllt kurz vorher nimma, ma sagt ja, da wern die leut dann gläubig), da kann sich das kalifat am kopf stelln.

im übrigen, es ist noch immer weit gefährlicher über die straße zu geh. oder bist eh auch gegen autofahrer? schon 420 verkehrstote heuer (at) ... in frankreich sinds über 3000.
    aber nein, is ja wurscht, lieber ganze religionsgemeinschaften verunglimpfen, macht ja viel mehr spaß. da kann ma sich dann so richtig gut und überlegen fühlen oder?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Don't worry flasche, your Halal friends will continue to be welcomed by our governments, they are just too good as a weapon against any kind of social or cultural progress.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i indeed have friends born into muslim families. theyre about as muslim as i am catholic.
    honestly i couldnt tolerate fundamentalist religious nuts as friends, no matter what bullshit they believe in (its the same anyway). being agnostic is the minimum i am willing to endure. if it really needs be it can be theist agnosticism thats ok for me aswell, but anything beyond that is a fucking huge nono.
    adults with imaginaty friends make me feel uncomfortable - its fucked up enough for kids.

btw i survived another day in traffic hurray for me \o/

edit:
    but maybe you are right and we should spit on our values, say goodbye to freedoms and liberties, give up on civil rights and open societies ...
    ... i mean the world is much better - way more exciting - with borders, fences, barbed wire, surveilance and heavily armed security personnel everywhere ...

... yeah, i can totally see how that much social and cultural progress gonna show those evil terrorists.

[​IMG]
    "they have weapons, fuck them, we have champaign" (if its a bad translation, sry i dont speak french)

or maybe, just maybe, we should rather focus on ending the middle east "crisis" than going full nazi again. i mean its about time this shit goes on since after ww1.
    the region needs a future, a perspective (and not weapon exports). people eager to know what the next day may hold for them aint gonna blow themselfs up - its rather simple (yet often diametral to vested interests of various states and/or companies)

but i see how its hard to grasp if one lacks a minimum of empathy.

ofc this doesnt mean we should abandon police and military and that its no real threat. "our" current actions are already sufficient - though they could be more coordinated. but in the long run its not whats gonna solve the issue.
    going to syria bush style wont end anything either, theres neither peace in afghanistan nor peace in iraq. both wars started in 2001, thats 14 years - and all you got was daesh.

[​IMG]

ofc we could turn into a homogenous hive mind like society (again) where everyone deviating would stick out like a red flag and be dealt with "properly" - but is that what we want? and how is that different from what daesh wants?
    because why fight if theres nothing left fighting for? thats just absurd and short sighted ...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

fam, we're all a product of the military industrial complex. Bombs are dropped in syria so that refugees have to go to europe, where they will work in factories for dirt cheap. Then when hungry euros and arabs start getting marginalized they do crime to survive, then phase 2 is initiated: contract private prisons and private security forces. Get ready for the hyper-neo-ultra-state capitalism a la chinese but without the chinese.

Only a free kurdistan will stop that from happening.