Paper's Suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PaperJack, Jun 21, 2008.

1. PaperJack

PaperJack Member

Have more defense structures. I know this have been suggested many times before, but turrets that can be controlled by players would be awesome. Even better if you were able to customize their weapons, just like tanks.

Give tanks a visual reflection of their weaponry: a tank with railguns will have a different cannon barrell than a tank with a normal gun, or tanks with composite armor a slightly different texture.
    Also, being able to color your tank's parts would be awesome (with a team-affiliated colour palette, obiviously).

Super Weapons. Why dose NF have small sissy nukes when they can have a huge boomey missile ? Or why does the BE have plasma guns when they can have a huge plasma cannon ?

I was thinking something like, you must build a super weapon building that is rather weak, then an engineer selected by the commander must place a beacon that can be destroyed, and in two-three minutes the super weapon will fire at the beacon.

Engine Tuning. It would be cool being able to tune a vehicle's engine, by making it, for example, have more torque at the cost of less heat dissipation.

Please give constructive comments.

2. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

The thing iwth the visual reflection is going to be inplemented afaik.

The devs already said that they would never implement super weapons. NEVER.

3. PaperJack

PaperJack Member

Awww, I didn't read that, sorry. Can I ask why ?

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

This should answer your questions about superweapons and defensive buildings.

About engine tuning, why? There are six different engines, there wouldn't be any reason to have more than one if you could just change the stats.

There will probably be a system for visual differences between tanks eventually.

5. PaperJack

PaperJack Member

Yet it did not answer about why they are not gonna be implemented.
    Aniways, I would like to do the engine tuning just to give more customization possibilities, and not the "clone tanks" I see in many games.

6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

There are 6 different engines in the game:
    Advanced Coolant: Its slow, but has the best coolingl.
    3 Phase Electric: Best speed, good acceleration, but stalls on damage, medium heat absorption.
    Fission: 2nd best cooling. 2nd best speed, best acceleration, but cools really slow while driving.
    Bio: Doesn't stall on heat, fast to research, but crap.
    Gas Turbine: The mario of empires, nothing bad, nothing really good.
    Standard: Overall crap.

What do you want more? I mean those engine cover everything.

7. petemyster

petemyster Member

the clone tanks look cool, 10 tanks looking the same driving over the hill, shit like that looks epic. It wouldn't look as cool if they all were different. I'd prefer to keep em all the same.

About the super weapon thing. You suggested a engineer chosen by the commander would place it. Firstly let me tell you a tale. It has pixes, trolls and Gods. The Gods created empires, and all was good. The pixes played it and all was happy. But 2 trolls didn't like having fun. They were called Chopper Dave and Chopper harry. They ruined the pixes fun by suiciding the game. They got banned.

What if a Chopper wanna be, was chosen by the commander to control this technological terror? He'd either waste it in their teams' base, or place it ontop of the commander, which would surely destroy him, or give the effect of a 666'mined, flipping him away.

8. Caggers

Caggers Member

3 phase is the 2nd best for cooling not fission.

9. Vaun

Vaun Member

fission has all around bad cooling, at least if i remember the stats correctly, maby if it gave some kind of bonus (like radiation when the tank is destroyed) or something it woud be useful.

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Someone put this guy in charge of the mod. We need MOAR boomey missiles!

11. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Superweapons would ruin the game but I don't know what the problem is with defencive buildings. Why people flame over how a simple bunker would be too much baffles me :p

12. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I can't have been the only one to read this thread's title and think that the first suggestion would be "ZOMG NERF SCISSORS!"

Choose more useful titles, is all I'm sayin'.