One hit on a tank

Discussion in 'Archive' started by rampantandroid, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I say keep the jeep's ability to push tanks around until you add turrets or something to defend itself, it gives the vehicle a purpose other than a quick cheap transport that no one uses. Besides this tactic is no worse than ninjaing a CV or full on light tank/APC rush within the first 5 minutes, & it's not like the guy in the jeep is getting any kills, all the kills are going to the team members because of the jeep's ability to pin down tanks, which if this tactic is use correctly can actually repel an attack or at least slow down an attack giving the team a chance to counter attack against superior forces.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

if it is kept in on purpose, I'd like to see a squad skill thing where the squad leader ties a single helium balloon to a tank of any weight and then the tank floats up gently allowing it to clear obstacles. to move in any direction other than up the tank would fire in the opposite direction and the balloon would gradually deflate, bringing the tank gently down to earth.

it'd fit with the way jeeps can lift them nicely quite well

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I had added collision damage to eliminate jeeps pushing tanks, but everyone hated that. I have never seen a one hit tank kill unless the tank was already damaged.

4. Silk

Silk Mapper

It does happen sometimes, but it's rare. I may have been killed by 1 hit maybe 7 or 8 times in 6 months. That's why i don't think it's really that important. I mean, if someone finds out what causes it then fix it, but i don't think we should be searching for the cause of the problem.

5. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

When I get killed by one mortar shot with full armor the mortar always hits the top of my tank

6. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Thats to bad I was thinking of sudgesting that. I was thinking if it only damaged the lighter vehicle (aka jeep) it would stop this...

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

is it possible that collision damage could be re-added but balanced so that it wouldn't be really irritating?

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's still available via the vehicle scripts. Everyone complained.

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

cause it sucked to drive into a turret and instantly die

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I figure: only add collision damage for high speeds and between vehicles; so you can still collide with the scenery like dodgems :)

11. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Thats what I was thinking. Only have damage aplied to the lighter vehicle. And if you are stupid enough to let your self be ramed by a heavy you deserve to be :headshot:

12. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Collision damage as a concept is fine, but in its previous implementation it was hopeless. If you knocked the edge of a wall at anything more than a crawl, you'd blow up instantly.

13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Building walls just before a group of heavies was about to pass was a glorious spectactle in that time. Just seeing them attempting to slow down but failing horribly always made me lol.

14. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Hence the sudgestion of only haveing it aplied between vehicles.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It was the worst when you would die from hitting the invisible part of the NF walls, not just dying when you touch something really slow, dying from touching something really slow that isn't even supposed to be there.

16. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

Yeah, I remember that. LOL soo many good times, when being run down, I would (as engy) place a wall and the tank would pop like a balloon.

17. rat

rat Member

i put cannons and missiles in the same fire group and mg in the second. seems more practical for tank combat.

18. Chahk

Chahk Member

I just had the one-hit-kill happen to me the other day on emp_glycencity. My newly purchased LT had full health and full armor, when a BE Grenadier killed me with a single mortar shell. Pretty sure it hit the top of the tank.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i've done this one hit kill more times then anyone.. a believe me i've done it by hitting everypart of the tank... ive done it standing next to the tank with a point blank shot to the side of the tank

i dont think it has anything to do with the top of the tank

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It doesn't hit the top of your tank. It hits right where the turret meets the body so that the explosion hits both the turret and vehicle body.