On Stranger Threads

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PreDominance, May 21, 2011.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

3d and cgi are lowering the possibility that you see art in cinemas. it doesnt mean there aint such movies, but its one in a million of mainstream movies.
    all you see is how well we can recreate reality with computers, which i have to admit is stunning. the overall movie quality doesnt profit much from that sadly, though one would expect that the ability to display things we wouldnt have dreamt of 30 years ago would have that effect.
    i assume its because people still are not overfed with "yet another action movie with a shallow plot". but as long as it gets millions of people into cinemas, economics dictate that big movie companies (those who can afford to create such movies) produce those films over and over ...

out of idk a hundred maybe in vienna, theres like 3 cinemas id go to - none of them has 3d capabilities.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes.

Because that's been done for ages.

You'd just have a far worse movie because you wouldn't even have the stupid effects to look at, you'd just have a horrifically boring movie.

Yes it does profit from that, you go from a crappily written movie with shit characters and no plot to a crappily written movie with shit characters and no plot WITH EXPLOSIONS.

Which do you imagine is better?

History is full of shit books, shit songs, and shit movies. The only reason the past seems at all better is because all of the shit stuff gets forgotten as time goes on, while the good remains. It will be exactly the same for this decade in the future.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if you want to see cgi tech demos, thats totally fine. just dont tell me its good (or even somewhat good movies)