NF Mediums

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shinzon, Aug 6, 2007.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Welcome to Win City, Population: This Post.

2. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

ummm gah?

care to elaborate...not catching the remote quote

3. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

On NF meds: It does seem that when tanks wars are apoppin, Be w/ their meds and heavys end up dominating Nf tanks hands down. The NF LT was the answer to this. I said it before that I'm glad it's been cut down a bit, but now What is NF to do? Sort of an imbalance.

4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Buff the NF med :p

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't know if I said it in this thread before, I could't personally find it, that the NF medium should have 3 single-slot cannons, and some single-slot cannon upgrades with it. (Perhaps just an upgraded regular cannon with the same damage, rate of fire, but lower heat generation?)

Like the BE heavy has an advantage with two three-slot cannons, the three cannons would be limited, but three regular cannons can be alot of damage, imagine if a tank was actually designed for those, then? Maybe make a special cannon like that is only available to the NF medium, that generates less heat to make up for the single slots if this goes though (which I doubt it will!).

It would really take away diversity for the NF Medium, but it would give it a unique and powerful edge, without actually overpowering it.

6. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I honestly like the double-cannon slot. I'd rather have one HE shell with an enormous blast radius than three tiny blast radii landing near eachother.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

You know that 2 small shells are bigger than one HE, right?

(although this may have been changed in the last rc)

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why on earth would you want 3 cannon shells? I can't imagine even why you would want two now. placement is now SO much more important than RoF because of heat, that 2 cannons, where you regularly miss one, would be rubbish.

--------------------
    "just increase rockets mass (or Speed?) so they move vehicles and bodies more."

the problem with this is that rockets and such already send the player flying around easily... so it would be far easier to do this if the rockets themselves do this more. this would make things worse. you know how cannons can already send you flying? this would make it worse.

so just reduce vehicle weights (and their engine powers to compensate) and you have a solution.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

When was the last time an infantry player got killed by a non-nuke rocket?

10. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Bio is the lulziest way to kill infantry.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what i mean is that the rocket litterally push the infantry around enough already... sending them flying across the map would be pants.

12. Unit 1126 PLL

Unit 1126 PLL Member

I dunno, I kind of like the jeeps ramming heavies into the sky...

*wavy line*
    Person 1: "Dude, we're pwning the base! Move up the nuke tanks!"
    Person 2: "I'm coming...shiet!"
    *flying heavy tank lands upside down on top of VF*
    *wavy line*

And HE pwns against turrets and infantry, because you can actually aim. I'm terrible with double-cannons simultaneously because the recoil usually means I straddle the target, unless I'm at point-blank.

Maybe you can use them, though. (TEACH ME!)

13. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

if you have one cannon on primary and one on secondary you can fire them in quick sucession and more accurately.

14. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

*cough* Arty *cough*

15. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

on the point of artillery - would it be possible to have lts and arty with a 1 slot standard gun to start with, but to have as an upgrade "increased turrent capacity" or somesuch to allow all units (or only some) to carry larger guns? Similarly another research could be "increased armour stuff" allowing tanks to carry half as much armour again (if the weight limits allowed).

If you did that but made it hard(ish) to get either tech and put them at opposite sides of the tech tree then you could get useful lts later in the game (with either a decent amount of armour or a decent gun, or very late on both) and you could get medium tanks with a 3 slot gun. Admittedly that may rule out the nf medium altogether but is it a bad idea? and is it possible?

16. nhammen

nhammen Member

Back to the original topic...

This is not true. NF meds are so slow that a person on foot can outrun them. NF heavies are actually quite fast.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't mind that NF meds are slow going forward. it works... NF are meant to have crap advanced tanks.

the problem is that NF meds are so so so slow if you press two directions at once, or going backward, that it's pretty damn unusable.

18. nuke

nuke Member

I hear that but how about we make up for it with a big more firepower instead

Like add another mg or cannon or add a radar to it so it can track tanks and stuff like that

19. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

If it's so slow, you'd really expect for more armor plating to be on it.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

what i mean when i say "it's unusable when you try to rotate at slow speed" is that you litterally _do_ _not_ _turn_.

overheated? you're now stuck where you're sat.

there's only so much new weaponary can do.