NF Mediums

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Shinzon, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Please somehow buff them...

Currently they are slower then a Heavy tank, with as much armor as an AVF...

Either increase the amount of armor plates (And make them fast enough so they can actualy back into their own repair pad without stalling with advanced engines)

Or leave their armor be, but make them nearly as fast and manuvrable as the light tank... Right now NF meds have NOTHING going for them...

General tank suggestion: Increase the speed and power of reverse, increase the "Stand Still" turn rate... They all feel a bit too slow, and in the case of the heavies it is just faster to turn while in motion...

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

The NF med should have more armour than the BE one, if both of them are smaller versions of their heavy siblings. A turn rate increase would be nice, especially for reflective.

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

For reflective?

Reflective is armor.

He meant that when you are totally still in your tank and start to press left or right button to make your tank turn left or right, the tank turns very slowly when it stands still.

4. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

They are faster than arty and heavy. Thats enough :P!

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i dont think they are.. have you drove them side by side?

they are so slow if you get stuck on a little somthing the only way you can move is shooting the cannons

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Trust me, they are SLOW...

The freaking Med couldnt back into its own repair pad with full abs armor, coolant engine, ml Mg, and He cannon...

All well below the weight...

Now if you ask me, I think that is laughable... that a tank couldn't back into its own repair pad and isntead got stuck on the little "Bump"

They are SLLLllLLllOOOOooOOOW... AND have weak armor... Thats why NF meds are never ressearched; they are worthless; an upgraded AVF is better because its actualy ALOT faster...

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Fail post is fail.

Think about turning left or right, and as Shin suggests, doing it faster. Now, think about reflective armour, and how turning quicker might be useful.

8. Caelo

Caelo Member

woah Now I get it! :D thnx knight :D

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I agree, med tanks are rediculously slow.

10. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

not that you want to do a lot more modding to the vehicles but my idea for making the medium more desirable is to revamp it as primarily a missile tank. Perhaps one small cannon and a bunch (2-3 2-slot spots) to loadout. A little armour tweak here and there and you got yourself a useful alternative tank that wont become never used when heavies are researched. Perhaps something for BE to parallel this type of tank.

just a thought.

oh and i'm in total agreeance about the turn speed. aren't tanks in general able to spin one track one direction and the other track the other to turn quickly just like a "bobcat"? it seems kinda sucky that they cant sit there and pivot better. i think reverse in general is supposed to be crap thou on a tank. they are made to plow forward not backup. seems to me the repair stations eventually need to be remodelled to fix the backing into aspect. no rush for me, i drive forward.

11. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Actually, you should try holding A or D in a tank. Some of em pivot quite fast.

12. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

They all rotate quite fast, but only when they are already in motion, acceleration on it is horrible.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

What is it with all these "NF LT sucks now" rants, you just need to learn to use them properly now.

14. Caelo

Caelo Member

get 3phase...

15. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Only good vehicle which turns on its place very well is artillery...

I think all vehicles would turn much faster on their place when you have scout vehicle speed upgrade because it downgrades the grip to the state where it is on 1.071b currently.

That makes tanks turn faster on their place because they have less grip, or something. At least it has helped me.

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I got backed into a wall on Canyon last night, luckily (???) I was using plasma cannon and the med I was facing couldn't fire at me. Still, I couldn't turn and back up fast enough for his heat bar to go all the way down and kill me. It was pretty frustrating.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you know what I'd really really like to see (this comes in two parts)

-All vehicle weights halved
    -then all engine powers halved (to compensate so no greater excelleration)

why?

because this way, the vehicles won't grip the ground so tightly and be a real bitch. this way, when a rocket hits a vehicle, it will actually rock it like a real vehicle would. I think this would be a whole load of awesome.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It would also make jeeps ram heavies into the sky.

DO EET :D

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

well, jeeps would have half the mass too, so half the momentum...

I don't see why it would change any of the vehicle vs vehicle collision...

20. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

just increase rockets mass so they move vehicles and bodies more.

that'd be cool