NF assault rifle concept

Discussion in 'Art' started by TheLiberalElitist, Feb 27, 2011.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

well
    if he does that for training and eventually making models in a professional way later on, i just give him tips how he does it right

the front section is already nearly to highpoly for a viewmodel
    ->so i assume he is going to make a highpoly overall which means the model should be as detailed as possible at any spot

2. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

The stock would need to be changed when I did the trace in XSI, and then imported it into blender, there was some weird stretching so I am going to redo the stock completely.

3. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Liberal, I'm going to give you advice that I should have gotten ages ago. Don't post your work on the forums before you get seriously good. That is all.

4. Zygoth

Zygoth Member

LE, update the OP.

5. I'm a Turtle

I'm a Turtle Member

Heh, unless you are a super awesome modeler that can beat him in quality of a model then go right ahead and show us.

for replacing the gun: why replace it? Why don't we...*GASP!* add more weapon choices into the mod?
    :Aw we sowwy, we dont add content after 4+ years of development, Here have some particles and smoke.

6. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

no new stuff just add lag to old stuff

7. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

It's not an insult, it's not anything aggressive, it's just advice coming from a guy who posted his shitty work before he got anywhere decent.

8. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

This post proves you're a moron that doesn't think about the implementation process when crying about how the devs work. Empires has struggled with balance since the very start. It has struggled for YEARS to achieve what precious balance it has, adding even more weapons will throw the current weapons balance off and make it even harder to balance.

If you're going to bitch, try using your head first so you don't look like a crying idiot.

9. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Fuck balance all lies, lies I say!!!!

It is a illusion perpetuated by people who crave symmetry. I just wanted to showcase a concept for a rifle, although I accept criticism, I know in no way am I an expert modeler.

Anyways I have already told I am a horrible modeler lol So there is nowhere to go but up.

Only way Empires could be balanced is if everything team wise, and faction wise were identical, and people would still find a way to bitch. But right now it is about 45/55 imo. Am I going to explain my reasoning, fuck no! don't ask I'm slightly intoxicated.

10. I'm a Turtle

I'm a Turtle Member

You seem to not understand that we've been tweaking on the same graphics and models for the past (Insert # of years here). Compared to many mods, this mod is slower than I in the "adding new content process", and im a turtle.
    Balance is sometimes achieved when you add new variable in a game, but it seems like you want to keep everything the same like a child with an old teddy bear who'll never let it go.
    Also Liberal, excellent job on the modeling, i hope they get into the mod soon. And at least your trying to improve the game unlike some people who bitch and rant (Sounds like me :D) about this mod being so old.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if you no liek, you no play? simplest solution is simple ...

12. I'm a Turtle

I'm a Turtle Member

Never said "i no liek mod" But this mod feels soooo oooold :( i feel like im playing HL deathmatch with car and skins

13. flasche

so i assume you are going to learn modeling and contribute awesome looking models and textures?
    or are you going to pay a shitload of money so devs can hire modelers?

if none of the above is true, you probably shouldnt be complaining ...

14. I'm a Turtle

I'm a Turtle Member

I would love to learn model and texture, but you cant do it on a shitty old computer like mine.
    Why would i want to pay people to make a mod, i wouldn't donate money to this dev group though? Isn't that the main reason people play "free" mods not indies? because its free? Oh well...

Any new news on those models you've been doing Liberal? Your doing a pretty damn good job.

15. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

we dont want you to pay anything
    it just doesnt sound good ranting about other people's work and not doing anything yourself
    that was basically what flasche was saying

16. flasche

thats what i meant to say ...

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

My computer can only run empires on the lowest setting but its not a problem to run the newest versions of modeling programms perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It's nothing to do with me wanting to keep everything the same. I never said don't change things. I never opposed changes. I was pointing out the simple FACT that Empires has always struggled with balance and what little it has is precious. I was explaining why adding new weapons isn't as easy as the person I quoted was implying. I was never opposing it. Yea, I probably have some flaws that annoy people too, but it just pisses me off to see people crying about what the devs have/haven't done when they clearly don't comprehend the process and the effort necessary to do something. Unless you comprehend the process to do something, you are in absolutely no place to cry about it not being done.

And hell, I'm probably for change more than anyone here. I haven't played Empires in ~2 years because I used to spend so much time playing it became a game of rock paper scissors to me. I'm not bragging and saying I'm GOOD at the game. I suck. But it gets fucking boring when you've memorized every possible aspect of the game short of the raw stats on weapons, armour, etc, and it turns into Rock, Paper, Scissors: Empires Edition.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  19. I'm a Turtle

I'm a Turtle Member

They have modeling programs that a computer from 2002 can work on? please please please tell me so i can start on the tutorials and hopefully improve this mod. I grow tired of the tiny eye sores that this mod has.

20. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

Pentium 4 2.0 ghz? I used to use blender fine on a computer with that processor.