New Weapon Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vader6, Dec 2, 2007.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

Oh yes, nothing like a short range weapon on an open map. :rolleyes:

2. Rexz

Rexz Member

I think the heavy machine gun should be able to pierce through lightly armored vehicles. Maybe wall too but only the perimeter of the wall.

The heavy machine gun should be able to do all of these, cuz .50 cal machine gun that we have right now in real life can punch through wall and lightly armored vehicles very easily. This idea can be implemented with sniper rifle too, letting them kill people that are near the perimeter of a wall or cover.

This might give the machine gunner more role instead of dealing with just infantry all the time.

And for the normal and medium assault rifle, maybe you can mount a medium distance grenade launcher, with different type of ammo maybe? one is exploding grenade which deal small dmg to vehicle and deal normal dmg to infantry. another would be smoke grenade, allowing you to lob them over a distance. Ammo carriage is small unlike the grenadier.

Smoke could work with grenadier too, allowing them to throw over a bunch of smoke which can over a large distance. Small amount of smoke carriage too since we dont want to spam them and mass lag everyone.

3. Stephanov

Stephanov Member

Bouncing mortar upgrade? :confused:

4. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

the gun that damages health could be workable, depending on how much hp it did- regen upgrade+engie aura could probably counteract something like that sufficiently.

5. KILLX

KILLX Banned

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL: Krenzo has said this on countless occasions: FUCK REALISM. its gameplay that matters. realism is not a valid argument. gameplay and balance goes above all on these forums.

6. petemyster

petemyster Member

lol you try and motor infantry far away in open maps, it lands perfectly at their feet but then bounces back into the air :p

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

Actually he said it once and you posted it in every other thread you could find. :rolleyes:

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

he said it a few times, and I just want the new guys to know: gameplay over realism ALWAYS. who the fuck wants realism if its no fun?

9. Rexz

Rexz Member

Well, realism can sometimes enhance game play. What kind of gun cannot destroy a jeep?

I know a .50 cal MG can. :]

And smoke launch grenade is a great idea for assault in my opinion, raising smoke over a wide cover can really confuse enemies.

10. KILLX

KILLX Banned

like I said, gameplay over realism. realism has been used in some cases because in some cases its good for gameplay.

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

you're actually thinking of it like a jeep, though. Jeeps dont have armor plating. This is more like a thick skinned humvee, or some sort of two person armored car.

12. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

TF2 had engineers with shotguns. And spies who could backstab you in the face!

And jeeps blow up enough as it is. If it isnt a roguish mine or a guy with a rocket launcher a tree will work fine as well. We dont need to add huge machine guns to the list of horrors jeeps have to face.

13. Rexz

Rexz Member

From what I seen machine gunner still die the most from snipers, and if they can't plow up the ground or cover that teh snipa are hiding from, they might as well be dead. ;D

I vote more punches to the heavy machine gun. I don't care if the power is for against car or cover, if ya make it better for the rifleman to survive, i would be happy.

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

the HMG is not an anti sniper weapon. it is first and foremost a heavy support and suppressive weapon, meaning its designed to kep heads down, not counter-snipe a sniper.

15. Rexz

Rexz Member

Heavy machine gun can be use to destroy weak cover and structure.

They're been use before for destroying buildings and cover where sniper are hidding from.

Sniper get too much easy kill in my opinion, they would either have to get closer (risk a death) or get further away where they cannot be detected, but making aiming and killing a bit more harder and require a lot more skill aiming skill.

I know some people that can get head shot so easily, i've even seen a guy in game getting 3 or more headshot within a 10 seconds period of time. And if you cant eliminate them, yur pretty much screwed.

Now im not saying the HMG need to be more realistic, im asking it to punch through dirt to get to a sniper, cuz that's what heavy caliber machine gun do, they use it to break stuff. O.o

16. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Simple solution
    Go to the Vehicle Factory
    Press "V" or walk up to the screen
    Buy a tank
    ???
    Profit

17. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Its a bug in/caused by the source engine. If you can get an engi to place a wall for you as gren, and then build it to a certain height, you can aim your mowtar a certain way at the wall and it will bounce your shot waaaaaay away, and it can be used for totally screwing a base over from over double the normal mortar range (I wont reveal this for the sake of gameplay and fun, besides, I can only do this on a rare occasion, I usually die many times before finding the perfect angle).

^
    Many suicides involved with figuring out how to do this.:p

You can do it on almost any surface if you can get the perfect angle on it. I don't know if this can be fixed, I doubt that krenzo has enough access to the inner-workings of the Source engine to fix it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  18. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

i like all your ideas.

yes.

like my simple sentances?

19. Androc

Androc Member

Grenadier grenade launcher and giantass cannon both sound awesome. Alternate shell types sound VERY awesome. (don't forget white phosphorous!) Full speed ahead.

Perhaps as an SMG alternative, engineers could take a high-powered magnum? That could work, if done well. Or a pepperbox revolver. That wouldn't really work, but I've always liked pepperboxes. They're like the scrappy underdogs of personal firearms, but they never get any love. I suppose they could be the blimpardier's weapon.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

Heh, that would be an awesome way to improve the shotty pistol. A four shot pepperbox shotgun pistol would be badass. :cool: