New Weapon Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vader6, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Vader6

Vader6 Member

So, Empires 2.0 is out, and I'll admit, it's pure awesome. While playing I got a few ideas for new infantry weaponry which would be a benefit to game play without disrupting it.

Grenadier
    The thing that nags at me about the Grenadier is it has no weapon options aside from a pistol. You always Carry the rocket launcher/mortar combo. So here's what I thought up as far as different weapon options goes.

Grenade Launcher
    In essence, this would function a lot like the basic grenade launcher the APC could take, but with less ammo. Because it would be an option to substitute for the rocket launcher and the mortar, the two weapon slots could be two different grenade types. Why I think a Grenade Launcher would be a good alternate weapon for the Grenadier is that it would give him a true purpose throughout the game in maps like District and other close to mid range infantry engagements.

Engineer
    I believe the Engineer is less in need of help in weapon options, as he has a lot at his disposal already, however, there is always room..

Pump Action Shotgun
    As far as firepower goes, this seems to be the theme empires goes with for the Engineer's weaponry. An option to pick from the two SMG's or a full-on pump action shotgun would not only add a little more variety, and the shotgun pistol shows how much fun blowing a guy away with birdshot can be. Plus, this would allows for rather interesting Shotgun/Shotgun Pistol combinations for the NF.

Rifleman
    The Rifleman, as far as weapons go, is basically set for life. I have no real suggestions for this class other than I don't think the "Armor" that takes up the fourth slot actually does anything, as a rifleman I tend to die just as quickly in a firefight as any other class.

Scout
    I think this is a real winner as far as its weaponry goes, and a skilled scout player can wreak some serious havoc in any situation. I don't really have any suggestions for this class either as of right now, but I'm sure I'll eventually think of something.

2. davee magee

davee magee Member

Do you have to? :rolleyes:

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

roflcopter

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Mortar is supposed to be effective against infantry (and it is :p)..also..you do Not want to mention shotguns...people around here flip out about those :D

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The rifleman's armor takes away 10% of all damage.

6. Vader6

Vader6 Member

Thing is a mortar shot cannot be bounced around corners indoors. And thanks for the suggestion on the shotguns, I'll make sure to keep doing it.

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

SMG 3

Some of you will know what I'm talking about :)

8. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Exactly! Pointless shotgun is pointless, especially in the open maps in this game, the only way I'll except the shotgun if has either semi-auto or full automatic (because pump action is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *gasps for air* oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overdone) & if it has mid range capabilities similar to the SMG 2 current effective range.

And yes I do agree the SMG 3 needs to come back eventually, maybe even give one to the BE.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

the shot pistol needs to do more damage or at least be able to melee during forced reload.

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

whatever you do, dont nerf the shot pistol. that thing is pure win. also, i don't think the engie needs any help whatsoever, he's supposed to be the weakest unit in combat. The grenadier suggestion is interesting, I'll give you that, but I don't think it's needed atm.

11. Caelo

Caelo Member

You do not need too. Just fire into the opening and the splash damage will scare/kill them :P

Also Grens purpose on urban warfare maps is to mine the place to hell.. It's very very effective to the point where people will be yelling at you because they are stupid enough to set them off :P

(also 1 mine in a packed street is insta 8-kill :P if placed proper that is)

12. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

also....

any map that allows engineer turrets to be placed will create a very strong motivation to play as a grenadier. Trust us, even without tanks, you can't really play without them-- it just takes some skill to get used to them.

13. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Proximity-explosive nuclear superball launcher!

14. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

We should try and get all the weapons from TF2!

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you can bounce the mortar around corners, you just have to be very close to the wall you're firing at and have the mortar hit the wall almost perpendicular.

also, i almost burst a blood vessel in my eye reading the shotgun thing... i'm not.. a fan...

(just kidding about the mortar thing)

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

for the scout, I'd like to see the old SAR come back as an option. Engineer, nothing really, its fine as-is. Rifleman, perfect. Grenadier, nothing.

17. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I have a model...a rough model...for a 40mm rifle, it fires small artillery shells, one shot at a time, its so powerful that it takes away a couple points of your own life when you fire it. Multiple ammo types incluing armor peircing, incendiary (for over heating tanks), HE (for killing inf) and flares (for showing a small area on radar).

Does that interest you?

18. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

That sounds cool, might come in handy when the larger maps & aircraft come into play & forces are spread thin.

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

tbh, a weapon that hurts you for firing it sounds no fun. maybe have it knock you on your ass (prone with stamina empty) when you fire it, but dont have it hurt you

20. petemyster

petemyster Member

what you need on huge open maps is flamethrowers to charge across the open plains and rush the snipers!
    Think that suggestion was stupid, now replace flamethrowers with shotguns. Sorry but I don't think any of the weapons need changing.