new walls

Discussion in 'Art' started by SirSnipes, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Omneh

Omneh Member

No.

<filler>

2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Models are rendered all at once. If you make the map as a model the entire map will be rendered at all times. You can set draw distances and such in hammer since the map may look like 1 piece, but it is in fact thousands of smaller pieces fit together.

So to answer your question, yes, you could, but it would be damn near unplayable. It wouldn't create networking lag since its a rendering issue, but anything but the best PC's will likely get 1FPS or crash.

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I give these wall the thumbs up. And what is it with people and fucking rambleing on about "agh but turtleing will happen which will ruin the game". People dont understand EMPIRES IS ABOUT ADAPTING STRATAGY! BELIVE ME turtuleing can be beat soooooo easly with arty. Which will force the "turtle" team to push forward. Thats what i dont like about some of the Empires community, they are all obsessed with the single and only stratagy of attack attack attack. Yes it can work but Empires need flexablity. New stratagys is what this game needs. Not old ones kept alive. This game is in need of something fresh and new. For god sake defending works fine in other games so why do people have a problem with it in Empires?

4. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

I Agree So Much Hillbilly

5. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Name another hybrid RTS/FPS that's not crap and has the type of defences you want added.

Now, kindly stop using the 'other games' argument because the only other games like empires SUCK.

6. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

see this is why i started my own mod, this team wants to stay in thier little buble and not venture into unknow territory, for fucks sake add some of the fun suggestions, this isnt unbalanced its fucking walls. arty them.

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Yes and we will see if your "mod" will make things better.

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

9. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

umm well actully its called Natural Selection and turtleing works fine there lol :p

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what about sven coop? its like... 60% community content, and not only the maps

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well HL2:JKS and Sven Coop are one of those games that are just fun regardless of what you throw at it, eyecandy is usually useless or unbalanced, but it doesn't matter because it's deathmatch or coop or some other gameplay mode that just says "fuck all tactics". I'm not saying these ideas or suggestions are bad, but currently we need to tidy up the current gameplay before we start adding stuff like this

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i agree completely :)

13. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

hillbilly, NS is different in so many ways, such as a relatively intelligent player base that can breach defences.

14. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

But still, people will just have to learn how to break though defences. This game is WAYYYYYYY too noob freindly, there are no tactics in it at all atm.

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

empires noob friendly?
    it never was a noob friendly mod...

16. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Ok to rephase that, what i mean is that ppl are afraid of it getting slightly more complicated for a game and this is what annoys me, because there are so many games that are very complicated and yet are super populer. (eve-online is a good example). Now im not saying that empires should be as complicated as Eve (hell no lol) but it does need more divercity for the game. (such as these heavy walls).

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

don't worry about it, 2.24 is promising to be very interesting and you will probably find the diversity will come out of your ears soon enough

18. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

how many times have we heard something along the lines of that :P

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

howmany times from me?

20. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i sais something along those words, weve heard 2.3 is gonna fix , well that went to shit, finally add some new elements that can give tanks trouble in this mod