New Vehicle Weapons

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CRITAWAKETS, Oct 1, 2016.

1. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

This is a suggestion to add some new weapons into the game that fill some gaps or add new inventive strategies.

Cannon Ideas
    1) Composite Cannon
    This cannon is a cross between a Ranged Cannon and a High-Explosive Cannon. It is 3-slot and is mainly useful for an overall normal heavy tank.

2)Upgraded Cannon
    This cannon is a 1-slot cannon that is stronger than the standard cannon. You will have to research it and it might have a disadvantage in weight or heat.
    Missile Ideas
    1)Plasma Missile
    This missile has a plasma effect that can overheat enemy vehicles. It is 2-slot.
    2)EMP Missile
    This missile is 3-slot and can EMP some buildings meaning they shut them down for around 3 to 5 seconds. Targets include radars and turrets.

2. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Perhaps just having "Upgraded Cannon" would be a good idea, have it just be a good 2 slot cannon that is just the Std. Cannon but better.

As for Missles:
    Plasma Missle - Good idea

EMP Missle - Isn't this just a nuke...=or a nuke would be better because it kills the turrets instead of just disabling them.

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's funny when people forget just how good std cannon is. As far as I'm concerned the only drawback to std cannon is the heat and slight inaccuracy it has. We have the improved version though, it's called ranged cannon. The only downside being it loses the splash damage.

I'm just saying, an improved version that kept the splash damage would be the #1 cannon to get every game. Which leads to where do you place this cannon in the research tree?

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Apparently Medium artillery cannon does 375 damage, while high explosive and ranged deal about 150.

Food for thought.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

We need some more support weapons. All the weapons we have are offensive ones, why cant we have defensive once? Atm 4v5 tanks is always won by 5 tanks. But how about we create support weapons for apcs that turn the tide of battle that 4v5 heavies is won by the 4 cause they are backed up by apcs? Healing mgs, cooldown mgs, speed mgs, higher reload rate what ever. Its almost moba style but support tanks/weapons would be a great asset and diversify our gameplay. Healing mgs could also repair buildings from range and faster than an engi could etc , maybe healing canons to help infantry? Etc etc, we should stop thinking so offensively oimho

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

*cough* 3-slot plasma MG* cough*

7. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Precisely what a Tank Destroyer would do, it would be defensive

8. Paradox

Not what I ment with defensive and you know it

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think "supportive" might be a better word.

Like most "supports" in LoL/Dota, their jobs are to stop the enmies from doing their jobs(not by killing them instantly).

Like pre-2.8.0 plasma MG, it takes LITERALLY minutes for it to kill a tank, if there's no other source of damage.

10. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Well what defines a defensive weapon then? Defensive weapons can also be used offensively, and I think that is a problem with Empires but you can't say "WE NEED DEFENSIVE WEAPONS" because the only thing that is remotely defensive that you can research is upgraded turrets.

11. Paradox

We need some more support weapons

Thats my first sentence. Dont try to take shit out of context son

12. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Alright, so again, what defines a support weapon? I am not trying to be a smart ass, I am generally curious as to what defines "Support" in this game. The only weapon I can think of, in this case, is Plasma... but even then it has been gutted from its original purpose and isn't really a viable weapon anymore.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  13. Paradox

Dude i litterally typed it out ehich kinds I thought of, repair, speed etc etc read my post again

14. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I don't mean to plug, but I had an idea to allow for a more "support" chassis tank. A mobile command center.

15. BlackRedDead

BlackRedDead Member

Composite cannon? xD - HEAT shells ;-)
    (High Explosive Anti Tank - HE are normaly considered as anti-infantry/-light vehicle weapon, but that just btw because the actuall balancing doesn't differenciate much between infantry and vehicle damage!)

in the files is an 1-slot CN icon with 2 shells, indicating a rapid fire CN ;-)
    (halfed damage at same splash and ~30% increased rof - no need to change weight or heat)

plasma missiles are a thing! :)
    (idk, but missiles overall should transform some heat!)

EMP would be to OP, even if your intentianal suggestion to disable buildings for a certain amount of time is useless at short durations and anoying at higher durations - but in wich case ever - 2 people shooting constantly at a building would cause much "disabled, maybe not disabled" flicker, at another game/engine/concept disabling buildings under attack could be a thing, but at empires it just doesn't fit! - also just ask ppl about nukes back in the days when they caused much overheating ;-)
    the scouts stun is enough EMP behavior for now :)
    (also the "EMP" effect is done by overheating!)