New squad power

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tovarich Cookie, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

Squad power: rifleman
    Name: Bring it DOWN!
    Effect: targeted building/tank/player takes double damage from squad members for 30 seconds. A large red arrow (or a similar marker but different to comm targets) will float above the marked victim for the duration of the effect.
    Duration: 30 seconds

The Rifleman never had much used skills. Charge! doesnt get used that much, and the armor... it is a joke.

I think that this power can make the game more teamwork-orientated, and make tight, co-ordinated squads to be rewarded for their actions.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Charge + dig-in = lulz

3. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

i like this power, it fits on the right level with arty strike and revive and squad hide, while charge and armor currently dont.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The thing is, it would mostly be useful against tanks and structures... which aren't supposed to be the rifleman's strong point, really.

I'd still prefer the 'covering fire' squad power I suggested way back when, which causes a brief hail of low-damage bullets to spray from behind the point where you were standing when you used it (lasting long enough that your squad can rush forwards and flush enemies out while under its cover -- and while it's confusing the enemy about where you are.)

5. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

The main reason behind this squad power is to bring the rifleman's squad leading abilities up to scale with the other classes, and be able to cause more damage.

Think about it:

Gren can call in a damaging artillery strike against infantry. point, hit a few buttons, boom. (it is nigh on useless against vehicles nowadays. takes 8 to down a heavy.)

Scouts can make their squad invisible, infiltrating enemy bases and circumventing turret farms. Very deadly against defensive lines.

Engineers can Revive their entire squad saving huge amounts of tickets if used right- self explanatory.

Rifleman hopefully can complement this with the ability to grant their squad boosted damage against targets he designates, allowing co-ordinated squadwork to be encouraged.

I cant see many drawbacks to this :)

6. o_O

o_O Member

This sounds a bit more like a grenadier skill, but other then that I like it. Very teamworky.

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I really like this suggestion.

8. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

bring it down, hmm sounds like a imperial guard order

9. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

This is taken from the 5th ed imperial guard codex!

Special Rules
    Senior officer: (you can use that command blah blah blah during which blah blah blah)

Command: Bring it down!
    Enemy war Engines (and alien monsters) are a high priority among Imperial commanders, knowing full well the carnage they can wreck.

If the order is succesfully issued, choose one enemy vehicle (or squadron of vehicles) or a monstrous creature visible to the officer. The nominated unit immediately shoots at the target, counting their weapons as twin-linked.

TL;DR

Warhammer 40k rules.

10. spellman23

spellman23 Member

woohoo WH40K. red wunz go fastar!

11. Omneh

Omneh Member

40k comparisons aside, this should really be called ITS NOT DOWN YET! ;)

12. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Maybe not against buildings though. It'd be too easy to take down a barracks (frontline) with it.

13. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

that is the POINT.

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Can it really be justified to turn over a game for a mere 4-6 squad points?

15. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

if they somehow manage to allow you and your squad into nadespamming range i see no reason why they deserve to keep that rax in the first place.

and, we are talking about a rifleman skill. No ninja nadespam. (no, 8 stickies dont down a rax. i know.)

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

They changed the HP of the rax, so now it's more like 15.

I really don't see the downside to this skill. Make the points higher maybe. but seriously, it's also over powered to be able to kill any building at will with squad arty, but it's balanced by it's high cost. With this skill, you need to be close enough to the building to hit it.

If you made this only work with infantry grenades and Grenadier weapons, this would be good. (keep rocket resists or just make it do normal damage).

17. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

I sort of like the idea...

But still:
    Grenadier mining the enemy CV + Roffleman with this skill = GG