New post in threads that are "Implemented" or "Rejected"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Feb 11, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I propose that every thread that gets put in the "Implemented" or "Rejected" Sub-Forums also gets a new post stating why it was put into the Sub-Thread. This way not only will people get some more reasoning into why some suggestions are accepted and others aren't, but it will also provide the date of when the suggestions were placed in the Sub-Forum. As it is now, old and new threads are being chucked into these Sub-Forums without any stated reason. These threads are then ordered based on the last date there was a post on them, not when they were determined to be "Implemented" or "Rejected." It's also frustrating when you notice that, although more threads have been added, the flashing "New Post/Thread" icon doesn't indicate that there have been any changes.

So, what I am basically requesting is that after a thread gets "Implemented" or "Rejected" is for a sentence or two just stating why. Nothing complicated. :unsure:

2. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

Rejected I can see, maybe even considering, but Implemented suggestions will be too late to discuss in the context of "should it be implemented"

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I'm not asking for more discussion. Here's an example: Developer Person decides to reject the suggestion thread "Can I haz more Ammoz." Developer Person first puts the thread into the locked Sub-Thread "Rejected." Developer Person then makes a final post in the thread stating why Developer Person rejected the suggestion. No more discussion, no nothing. The end.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Just a note saying "this has been implemented and will appear in version X" would be good for another reason -- it means that anyone subscribed to that thread will get a notice to that effect. They don't get a notice of the thread getting moved, I think.

5. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Don't stick stuff that is already implemented in the implemented forum, those forums should be for new suggestions.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

And every new version throw out anything in implemented or considering just to keep everything fresh. Keep rejected the same, we don't want any new players to go onto the forums and suggest something like rocket bikes or mechs or something like that.