New north weapons.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bossekille, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

The thing is bossekille that your junk rifle isn't powerful enough up close. That's be problem. Engineers on R&D have reduced damage. They already had weak guns, now they have a couple of peashooters. In the end it all comes down to damage per second rate. With the guns on R&D skill and speed in targeting no longer matters, since you can't get the kill anyway anymore.

I think that at least MOOtant knows what I'm talking about here. He has witnessed me wipe him and his team out completely as a BE rifleman. Their next wave killed me when I ran out of ammo. Of course this is just an extreme example of what a skilled player can do when he has the firepower.

I've done something similiar on engineer level too, but with only 4 enemies. My point is that unless we want to have extremely predictable battles we should not weaken the guns too much. I'm strongly against lowering damage and accuracy on engineer weapons for the very reason that it makes engineers completely useless against other classes, which reduces the fun people get from the game.

I don't want to play a game where every time I encounter enemy with bigger numbers I already know before the battle is over that I've lost. Not because of skill, because of numbers and useless weapons.

To put it simple. If these lowered engineer damage rates get into the future releases, you won't be seeing me playing engineer anymore. As a player I want to have fun while playing. If the only thing you can do as an engineer anymore is build buildings and hide behind other peoples backs, playing engineer won't be fun anymore.

Say no to peashooters and yes to fun.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the guns in R + D are just experimental, I don't think they will get into the real game.

3. bossekille

bossekille Member

the shotgun idea for engineer sounds great.
    perfect roadblocker for those that want to check your new camera you putting up.

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

enginers should be able to kill grenaders 90% of the time, scouts 40% of the time, and riflemen almost never.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I hate it when grenadiers can easily kill any other class.

because every other class has to duck for the ammount of time they are firing for, a good grenadier can use this window to get a mortar round on exactly the place the attacker is ducking from, and it very very difficult to counter.

6. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

not really, you can see it coming at you, so just charge the nader or sidestep. granted, you have to stop your burst short, but eventually youll get him. when it comes to infantry combat, a nader is only good for mortering men out of hiding so riflemen can kill them.

7. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Grenades take time to fly. Besides if grenadier misses he will be in deep sheit. It takes time to reload. Besides not everyone is a genius with the mowtar. I miss 50% of the time completely and during the other 50% I rarely get direct hits.

I agree with quack, with the exception that you can kill the people hiding, but on flat ground grenadier is having really hard time surviving against riflemen or even engineers.

About the guns at R&D: They are experimental that's true, but as far as I know gun balancing has been put on the shoulders of BSID thus their R&D server is going to have impact on the real game... I just hope the impact won't be large enough to change my gaming habits completely. I don't know what's the current situation with the configs, since the server has been password protected every time I've been playing.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

remember, krenzo has a direction he wants this to go. if the R&D team goes in a wrong direction, im sure that wont be imported into the game.