New Commanders

Discussion in 'General' started by BigTeef, Apr 14, 2014.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Bad Behavior and drama

You know, I understand people like having fun.

So you vote for hobbes or a random, and then you scream and yell at him for dying in 5 minutes.

Why the fuck would you vote for these people in first place full knowing what was going to happen.

Now here is another situation, why do people blame their commander for ruining the game when they had the option of removing him 5 to 10 minutes in when the team felt like he was incompetent at the first sign.

No you guys just hurl abuse at these people instead of stepping up to the plate yourself.
    Good fucking idea guys, we are getting new people and everyone is hurling abuse at them instead of back seat driving them.
    It's better to back seat drive somebody than calling them a faggot.

Now I understand screaming at me, I do stupid shit all the time I have played long enough to know what the fuck im supposed to do so I have no excuse for fucking up.
    Chances you are correct, and I will beg you to call me shit while shoving dirt into my vagina because I am a fucked up person.

Little Jimmy here however is now poisoned to the idea of being a better player because a bunch of ass blasted people didn't want to command and felt abusing somebody was a better idea.
    Grow the fuck up people, if you feel you can do better then evict the guy from the CV and do it yourself. Don't be a goddamn bully.

Now here is another situation, why the FUCK does everyone continue to stack against new players instead of showing them how to play.
    I am tired of joining the new team to find out I have to coach everyone instead of one to two people at a time.

Versus you assholes calling my team shit because their KD isn't positive.
    What the FUCK is wrong with you people?!
    EVERYONE COMPLAINS WE ARE DEAD AND THEY BECOME THE REASON WHY IT DIED.

I don't give a shit how much of a fucktard a new player is, if he cancer he will be removed.
    If he genuinely doesn't know what hes doing then you should show him how. I abandoned of the idea of letting people figure out how to play themselves.

Because then they learn some bad habits, because daddy wasn't there to show him how to ride a bike, and fucking mommy wasn't there to show him how to manage people better.
    He becomes the very thing you put out.

Poisonous fucking cancer, and this spreads to other new players because Little Jimmy here is thrown into a harsh environment and his only way of survival is to adapt and become the crowd.

Stop abusing people and grow the fuck up, high school is over.

So here is an idea veterans, stop being shit because you think your team is shit.
    Lead the way instead of being a grave digger.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I guess I can get behind this.

People haven't given me any shit the last several times I commanded - despite having rarely won any rounds in ages (even when I'm not the commander!). I should start keeping track of when I win, so that I have statistics to back up how sad it is.

Stacking is definitely slowly becoming more common - source is anecdotal evidence, the best kind of evidence. I've been trying to get new players used to the game, the last time I played I showed a couple people how to make vehicles and what classes they should play. I feel bad for calling out a newbie only to have another player tell me I should calm down as his friend was just playing the game for the first time. It ultimately cost me a lot of resources so I was upset, but in hindsight I feel bad for repeatedly calling him out.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

My Freudian sense is tingling.

4. BigTeef

Read the sentence underneath the word "faggot"

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Oh Teef, nice thread.
    Why do people whine? Because they really don't have the ability to win a game on their own.
    Being an average "Gold,Platinum-tier" newb doesn't grant you the privilege to whine at other people.

Why do people stack? Because they just can't stand losing a single fucking game, yesterday I saw "a famous vet comm" ditched his team when he realized Hopfi's on the other side, before the game even starts.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Bismuth tier represent

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Where are the admins, I ask. Why are such people still allowed to even come on our servers?

8. BigTeef

The problem child's are the ones who don't post nor browse the forums.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I know, at least roughly, who we are talking about.

10. BigTeef

For stacking

Anyone on consortium is a start, your buddies in epic except security but asking trickster to not stack teams is like asking him to stop abusing the rules.
    A few of my barbershop members, I will deal with them personally.

Paradick, Freak (sometimes) Harryhoot, Spartacus I can't remember the rest off the top of my head.

The abusers...
    Fuck...

That's about almost everyone.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

welcome to my world teef :D

you just said that to a forum which held a public vote to ban a guy. infact you just asked for the same the other day. if this isnt mobbing, i never understood the word.

12. BigTeef

Alcuard is a social retard and doesn't know better, I wasn't here when it happened and I would have defended him then as I did before.

No matter how much he pisses me off, seeing as I understand him better than anyone else.
    The people who were bothered by his presence should be grateful that I got him a new group of people to talk too who are just as socially retarded as him.

You are welcome.

Paradox is the one of the many reasons why we loose people, him taking a break is not the worst thing that can happen to this community.
    Unless you want another 20 page thread of him crying about why he got banned for being a "dick".
    (he shitposts in the general thread area all the time, and I get a warning for putting a stupid idea in suggestions.)

13. flasche

stop defending yourself, i didnt mean to make you personally responsible for it, but it was what it was.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I agree with your thread entirely. I make a point of trying to help new commanders.

With regard to stacking, I don't really know what to do about it. If I join a team, it automatically becomes stacked because people just follow me onto it. I would literally have to wait until the game is 5 minutes in to try and get onto the unstacked team, and that's just not really fair. If people hear that I'm going to command, the problem is even worse, I can literally end up with 70% of the vets on the server, on my team.

15. flasche

didnt shuffle get implemented? sure its no guarantee to make it balanced teams but at least you cant blame anybody. if people join spec right away afterwards or avoid it by other means, well id know what command might become handy. i dont think any player should have any more rights then any other player. and in pubs the right of a fair game, should value higher then anything else - because some insist on some right to play with friends as excuse for constant stacking. ofc its someones server and its up to the server owner to have his own set of rules applied - so in the end you dont have any rights at all, dont misinterpret.

anyways ... it would be good if shuffle wouldnt work for comm, so it cant happen that both player willing to command suddently end up on the same team. and it would best be executed the moment before the first spawn - there warump time is barely ever used for anything anyway. ofc it somehow would need to select the spawnpoint automagically ;)

i totally understand how its too much work for admins to handle stacks. if theyd need to move each individual and also cope with their lame excuses about why they didnt stack and how they want to blahblahblah theyd never be playing ...

edit:
    another idea would be that you can either apply for comm, join the game or go to spec. you can do class selection and all shit, but not choose a team. when all is done, the two highest vote comms get randomly assigned and the rest of the players randomly distributed.
    tbh at best youd remove spec out of the equasion as a whole and just drop unassigned players after a while - if you cant switch to spec its gonna be trickier to avoid this system. and specs dont do much for the game anyway.

ofc all that only for pubs

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Not really, I actually did pay attention to the team composition and I don't think people were specifically following you, probably just few EPIC guys.
    It's just we have a lot of vets that enjoy stacking.

If you hate your team being stacked, I can always help you with that. ;)

17. flasche

is handling a loss in a videogame really so humiliating to some people?
    oh man, poor guys, they must have like nothing in their lifes :eek:

18. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I think it's to some degree because of those people who start to rage when they loose. Be it in games or in sports, you got at least one everywhere. People don't want to get yelled at when they loose.

19. 101010

101010 Member

Can we just get the servers locked to auto assign for a while and get someone working on the scramble teams?

20. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Grey out the NF/BE/spec buttons in team select and only allow people to auto assign. people's teams are tracked by steamid each round to prevent people retrying for stax, and when teams are unbalanced by two or more (from people leaving or whatever) then shuffle a player or two around at random.