nerf vehicle machine guns

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by paradinas, Jun 24, 2009.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

Being a corpse?

2. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

He probably mean to just strafe from the machinegun fire. Bad hit detection makes you really hard to hit. At least this is what I have experienced.

3. paradinas

paradinas Member

Roadkill isn't overpowered. Engineers have walls, riflemen have stickies, scouts have hide, grenadiers have mines, you can hide behind trees or rocks, and vehicles turn slowly enough that dodging is feasible. The thing is, people don't bother doing things to get run over as much when they can just be killed by the death ray.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

how'd you know

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I tried this with a chain gun. Works wonder. The enemy has to shoot AHEAD of you to hit you

6. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

SHHHH quiet before everyone learns about it

7. paradinas

paradinas Member

So it's not really hitscan?

8. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I guess not

so therefore, the vehicle MGs are pretty balanced

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I also have one.

It's called 'being in a light tank'

You don't charge into ML farms with tanks, why would you charge into APCs with infantry?

Yes it's hitscan it's just a latency issue, it affects all source games.

10. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I do it all the time (both apcs into turret farms, and infantry at apcs - somebody has to put the foward spawn behind the turret farm/kill the apc)

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Ok strafing.. Yeah that's great. I could just hide behind a wall if I don't want to take damage, the point is you can't attack them while they shoot.. You can't strafe and guide RPGs, or shoot mowtars or get close enough to sticky.

They get and hold the land and res the whole match and you can't take it back so you have no chance to counter them or make any sort of push to gain land back.

12. OuNin

OuNin Member

If you're lucky, you can quickshot an RPG from crouched/prone to standing, then duck back, while guiding it blind.

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think rpgs could do with a speed boost tbh.

Also maybe some sort of fire and forget guidance which doesn't require a lock, albeit a minimally effective one.

You could boost it by pressing altfire to engage the improved homing but it requires you to continue tracking the tank.

This probably belongs in an RPG thread though.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah someone really needs to make an RPG thread.. The mowtar one has like 300 pages but no RPG thread(that I know of) in the tester forums..

I've suggested a speed boost and it was added believe it or not in pre 2.0 days but it was so minimal that It's still seems slow. I have a lot of ideas oh how to make it cooler and more useful but no where to discuss it with out it getting lost in these random threads. They definitely need to go faster than or as fast as LT's/heavys cause trying to shoot them from a passenger seat is pretty funny.. And maybe they can disable the mowtar from the passenger seat at certian speeds?! I dunno I got lot's of Idea's to make grens useful/fun but not OP..

15. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Its a matter of escalation.
    BE rushes mid, NF calls for backup.
    NF backup arrives, BE calls for tank support.
    BE .50 cal apc arrives, NF calls for a LT
    ad infinitum...first one to nukes wins.

leave the mgs alone. If you get on, you have to drop a weapon or lose armor, unless you have comp. Even then, you end up trading a lot of anti-tank firepower for anti-infantry.

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

BE takes mid, NF calls for paper tanks that get destroyed
    BE gains way more res, gets armor and engine with money to spend for AFV's
    .50 cal APC arrives, he drops walls and a ML so he can escape if rushed by tanks and completely alone holds off a choke point. Now think about that, cause if 1 person is holding off a choke point the rest of the team is taking all the land they can see..

First one to nukes is the team that holds the most ground which is BE in this scenario. Just making the MG's a little less powerful so infantry can put some kind of pressure on them would do wonders. If you hold that ground the other team can't afford "a lot of anti-tank fire power".

17. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

On the other hand, a better way of escalation bight be as follows:
    BE rushes mid, NF calls for backup.
    NF backup arrives, BE calls for tank support.
    BE .50 cal apc arrives, NF calls for a LT and wait for 3 to get built and steamroll mid. As long as this is done proprley. ie with revives, the team that rushed mid will have a few kills, but the LT rush will set them down tickets as people tend to have a very slow response time.
    My point that you just need a proper counter for the .50 cal keeps things balanced out. Most of the tank main guns cant be depressed far enough to kill infantry, and you have to sacrifice armor or other weapons to fit one on.
    The apc cant do anything to a LT, except run away. If you cant get 1 LT out, something is wrong.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

But AFV's are better and if they have mid they can afford to send out more with better armor, engines and weapons to counter the LT's. APC's just run away when in trouble but will be back a minute later after being repaired.

19. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

BE takes middle, NF takes the spots BE didn't go

and if one side gets .50 cal, then the other team also has done some research, meaning they should easily destroy that APC, or at least scare it away behind its walls so infantry can advance and make an opening for the tank.

Also, one squad arty should easily take out an early game APC, just don't dramaticly jump out there to drop it on him, and you can get those points pretty easily if that APC is really supressing your whole squad.

And yes, .50 cal is SUPPOSED to shred infantry, and has been said, if your team fails to get a tank out there to take care of it or scare it away, then there is really something wrong.

Anyways, vehicles are ment to be better than infantry, and that is why they cost resources.

If you are having trouble combating vehicle MGs, it is because you are supposed to. you are not ment to stand a chance against them. Anti-infantry Vehicle MGs are far more difficult to use while while driving, I'll leave that to you to consider how to use this to your advantage.

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Well.. BE gets AFV to rule all light tanks...