Need a silent CPU fan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Please forgive the necro here, and I don't bother making a new topic about it, but this shit has struck me once again.
    I've tried completely re-building the computer by removing everything and inserting it again. However, this time it happened just randomly. I had just started up Bad Company 2 and the computer shut itself off, like there was a power outage. It was not overheating, as the computer was idle before start up, so the cpu temp. was way under dangerous levels.
    I tried booting the pc up with the motherboard outside the cabinet, but that didn't seem to do anything. I also tried starting it with different components disconnected but with the same result.
    I'm 100% sure every cable is connected to its correct input or whatever.
    I've been using the on-board graphics card instead of using the real card, as I'm just tired of taking it out, just to put it back in when shit doesn't work.
    I've also tried using only 1 piece of RAM and so on. That did not work either.
    Google haven't given me any answers yet, but I'm still looking for one.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

even though the computer may have been idling, the cpu gets hot really fast, your fan might not be screwed in firmly or you may need to apply some thermal paste onto the bottom of the fansink.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I use the ATI Tray Tool's On Screen Display that I've set to show CPU temp. even when I'm in-game. As far as I know, the max temp is 62c for my CPU, which it never reaches, even with the stock cooling. Closest I've been is 51c.
    I tried starting it up without the fan, but with the same result. (Even though that's risky, I was just testing to see if it'd actually start up.)

Also, the CPU fan wont even start now. What the fuck.

Nevermind. Turns out it was the PSU. How the fuck could that even happen?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

While thats definitely a superb cooler, this is how I roll: http://i.imgur.com/EXK7d.jpg (currently with even more coolers, shits a freezer)