More people should play this mod!

Discussion in 'General' started by Commander Z, Jan 3, 2008.

1. [C9] Cobramaster

[C9] Cobramaster Member

I agree with Shinzon on the empire commander role a good commander properly disperses his forces to take as many refs as possible and establish forward bases everywhere that is suitable and defensible. too many times have i seen comms sit back and just do the research route while a team sweeps in from the well established forward bases complete with VF, barracks armory and radar. and surround the other team bkast the sole base and take their time Killing the now unprotected CV. But NS never allowed for the complexity of a balanced match that turns to a point of ticket management between to very large and hard to control armies.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

move that Thread to the suggestion forum and let krenzo hardcode more people in it ^^

3. sickre

sickre Member

4. shox

shox Member

Well, you can comm like that too in NS (tell people what to do, build forward outposts, assign targets..), so no difference there. But in NS a comm needs to do all those things i mentioned in my previous post too.

A comm in NS has to worry about a lot more things than a comm in Empires imo. For example, resourcemanagement: I don't know any of the costs for researches in Empires, because I never look at them when researching, I just research what I want. The only thing I know is that composite armor is very expensive to build and other armors are less. I never have to worry about having enough res to place turrets, I just place them when I need them.
    In NS, I knew (haven't played it for a long time now) all the costs of every research and structure, because I always need to decide what to place/research first.

5. Slamz

Slamz Member

Do you play on Mittoes or some other high-resource server?

Because on a normal resource server, you'll have to pay attention and you might have to lock the factory now and then in order to save up the resources for a particular research. And plopping down walls and turrets has to be done sparingly because you just don't have the funds to do everything you want.

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I think he hasn't really experienced Empires yet, just Mittoes' personal Empires.

7. shox

shox Member

Hmm that could be. I don't play on mittoes, I useally play on the KM server, I sometimes play on other (european) servers when that one is empty, haven't noticed any difference when playing on the other ones though.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah KM has at least doulble, might be tripple resources.

9. shox

shox Member

Hmmm then I'm probably wrong, but still I stand by my opinion that NS is more of a RTS than Empires :p

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

*Smashes Shox with a chair*

All that high rate servers are good for; is tank training...

Play on default rates with then come back to me :P

I would say Empires you have to factor in the economy even more, You have to PREDICT what the players will buy, so you have to know the average cost of your tanks and always keep atleast that many resources in a "Pool" Oh how many games I have seen where the commander is ressearchin non stop; but is keeping 10 res as a pool, and is screaming "GET FUCKING TANKS". Well my good sir, if you could stop ressearching those nukes for just a second, then maybe we could actualy buy that tank :p