ModDB exclusive video footage?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destroyer224, Jan 12, 2008.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i have no idea what makes for a good script but I'll gladly help out in the filming.

2. REX

REX Member

One thing I have considered a few times is how cool it would be to have a squad of 4 HMG riflemen and one engi for ammoz just blasting center on district using full clips non stop getting reved and "reammoed".

In my head it is ofcourse glorious but I wonder if it could actually hold the enemy back... surpressing fire usually never work as people are fearless if tickets are good and even when they are not.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

If the opposing team had a couple good grens on their team those riflemen wouldn't be a good strategy.

4. REX

REX Member

that is what the engy is for reving/squad rev. A good mortar sniper is bad news for anything. Also I wanted to try it for the coolnes not because I think its going to go very well just imagene when they start up and 800 shots are spread all over the place..... the amount of tracers :eek:. Maybe even a double up or more HMG people.... I wonder if that could crash a server if enough people are gunning away or if it might lag like missile spam does. HMG spam :p.

I did manage once to somewhat hold back the enemy team on district firing from the NF end of centerstreet to the highly populated BE corner.

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

Did anyone make work of this?

6. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Well, I have a couple decent demos recorded. If anyone is willing to make them into a video we could give to them, then i'd be happy to give you the demos.

7. REX

REX Member

5 days left at most

8. Silk

Silk Mapper

Me thinks 3.5

I guess no exclusive video then eh?

9. Melee

Melee Member

i was looking at trying summat but my FPS makes it poor quality, and although my previous vids on youtube etc, got lots of hits this one needs to be Broccoli standard...........

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I've got 700mb (approx 8 minutes) worth of REALLY good full screen resolution footage in .avi format. I really want to give this to someone so they can help with the video footage.

11. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

what happened to all those people who made random empires videos?

we don't deserve mod of the year if we can't even make a video.

12. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I unfortunately can't upload my demos until this weekend.

I still think our best chance is to upload one of the League matches. The game on Slaughtered would be a very good candidate I'd say. We would need somone to convert it from a demo file into something more useable though.

13. Silk

Silk Mapper

Demo's are not the problem. If you ask around i'm sure many people have lots of nice demo's.

The problem is finding people who have the time and skills to make something out of it. I tried video editing about a month ago. I literally spend 50+ hours on making a video, that wasn't even good.

So if no one did it already, i think it's too late anyway since it just takes waaaay too long to make a nice video.

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Oh if you give me decent footage I might be able to cook something up in Vegas but Broccoli's the master here