-| Mobile Armor Division |-

Discussion in 'Clans' started by bitchslap, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empty

Empty Member

MADs still rebuilding atm. We have like 6 people so far, bslap hasn't been super active yet.

We'll tell you when/if we're ready for a scrim.
    (We also need practice)

A good commander is completely welcome by the way.

2. FN198

FN198 Member

in my experience, last_apoc was MAD's only infantryman

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

By creeping around steam community, you guys are like 5 strong, 6 strong, good enough for a mini scrim. How about we do something like play in the top half of canyon or do some scenario where one team defends ruins on dustorm and the other has to capture it. You could also do what everyone has been doing for the past year and make an 11-man team with the help of meg members.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

MAD will be forming a team large enough to scrim 20v20. "All" you clans out there, I hope you can muster this, and if not are willing to 'merge' two clans for a large scrim, I promise it will be worth it! :)

It will take some time but we will be developing members and training as well as recruiting those vets that have patience to teach 'semi-noobs'.

I also personally need a lot of re-training as it's been about 3 yrs since i played. so far the game seems fairly similar in feel, which i like, but I'm also working on establishing a crash-free empires on linux which is nearing completion.

Once these things fall into place, I'll be pursuing positive attitude members with a desire to purely enjoy the game to its fullest. Squad tactics/skill use, team-oriented strats, and the like. To those once in MAD, you will recall the diff. unique scenarios we used/attempted/developed and I personally had a lot of fun with it. Strings will be looser than previously arranged as once the appropriate players are on the roster, I expect a much more hands off approach in-game.

Yes we require an adept comm. All MAD please watch your non-clan comms ingame and direct anyone you deem worthy/trainable towards myself or the forums here.

As for scrims, you all will have to give us some building time. I am optimistic that we can start planning some for the new year but that will depend on active clans and our success on the recruitment front.

Thank you,

Bslap

PS: Whom do I speak to these days for access to a locked scrim server? Is VIPER still run by g4tc? And if so, who is the man to speak to?

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

VIPER is just run by Vicki, G4TC died out. So she's the person to speak to. I have a eurobox myself, and I think Craig (who works with Vicki) has one too, but Vicki has the main US box.

I don't know what clans are active ingame at the moment, I haven't played since summer. EPIC is pretty much on a break, whilst some of us play BF3, Wurm and a few other games. The plan was to come back when we get the next patch but progress is slow due to manpower, so we don't know when that will be. But rest assured that once it's out, if it ever does get out, we'll come back as we were. I think MEG are still playing a fair bit, and I don't know how active Moojuice's consortium clan or whatever they're called at the moment are. I don't think EnT are scrimmable, or they weren't the last time we tried, but maybe they recruited more since.

Generally the only 2 really "high-skill" clans that have been around in the past year or so were EPIC and FN's Consortium, both of which are pretty inactive at the moment.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

What's your roster as of now ?

7. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

6 i believe

8. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I won't have a good idea on Consortium 2.0 until after finals (after Dec. 20th). If I can get enough of the old members, great. Otherwise, we can talk about it and consider merging with MAD.

9. Paradox

I mean actual names

10. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

pourqoui?

11. Paradox

Pour voir si vous avez un chance de vivre, parceque si ta groupe est compose de les personnes comme empty tu n'as pas d'une chance.

12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Heard of emp_Hobbes?

We'll 6 man scrim on that.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

il di un point bien.

14. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Probably to find out if he knows anyone in your clan and to judge your current skill level. Then flame you.

But here it is:
    Bitchslap(duh)
    Empty
    Batstar
    'Slice' (Haven't heard of him but since he is an officer I guess he is an original MAD with a new nick)
    And 3phase, I forgot who he was.

Here are some names you can watch out for and try to recruit, Bitchslap:

Imspartacus Fairly active, mature guy. Skillwise he still needs to learn to shoot better but he got the theory down pretty much. He still has things to learn though and joining a clan is the best way to do that.

Candles Active player, commands a lot. I haven't had the chance to play with this guy a lot but from what I've seen he's got what it takes to get in MAD. I don't know if he wants to join a clan though, he does not seem to involve himself with the community much.

Death I'm surprised that nobody grabbed him yet, he is very good I like having him in my squad. I don't know him that much personally, while he is a great teamplayer he is also very silent, I don't think I ever talked to him. Also, like Candles, he does not seem to involve himself with the community much.

Quigon Again, I'm not sure why he wasn't recruited yet. Good commander, mature player.

Flaming Pope Another decent player who has not been recruited yet for some reason.

Kenruler I was surprised by how skilled this guy is as today was the first time I ever seen him.

Used Fetus Not much to say about this one. He is worth recruiting.

Spriggals Impressively persistent player, very annoying to play against.

I tried to keep the list to Americans as I know how hard it is to keep up with MAD if you are Euro but I ran out of them so here are a few more.

'Mumus' Decent, needs clan experience to get better. Also I just noticed that he is Hungarian, you can never go wrong with those, can you? :P

Primanka Very good player especially for a Russian. I'm not sure if he can speak english tough I never spoke with him.

Mr. Bluesky I'm not sure about this guys nationality but I know he has been around for quite a while and that he is good. Trickster even considered recruiting him into epic(although he might've been joking about it.)

Quetzalcoatl Another decent player to watch out for. I don't know him well, so I don't have anything more to say about him other than that he makes a decent commander.

Alright one more before going to bed.

DeadHead He was very active during 2.2-2.24 but stopped playing but he told me that he is starting to play again now. Has previous clan experience with MEG, I think he is the only one with that on the list.

Anyway, I hope it helps you a little.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I believe that Kenruler is in Molly, as I saw him wearing the tag earlier today.

Personally, I'm happy that someone thinks that I'm at least a half-decent player. The problem with me joining a clan though is that I only play on NF, never on BE, simply because I like the skins and models more. And joining a clan that intends to scrim would most likely involve me having to play on BE.

Although, I should play on BE more, if only to understand the common research paths and strategies more thoroughly.

16. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

ya do that.

BE is schmexy!

17. Empty

Empty Member

BE has nicer looking view models and more functional lategame tanks imo.

Although NFAR and SMG1 are pretty nice, the BE SMG2 is leagues ahead of the hairdrier.

18. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Brenodi have the advantage of being darker, so you can shoot NF soldiers easier.
    And you often have to play better cause there's less stax on it :)

19. Paradox

to help out more, ( dont have steam on my laptop so no links to steamaccounts.) zyro is a very good player but he's a bit idk,,, mysterious everyone knows him but noone knows who he is.

Bloodpickle is decent but he kind of lost his touch a bit.

awe sentinel is a great engineer no idea why he isnt in a clan either

jim@beam great player nothing less just more

ducky great player nothing less just more

redfang really good player too, listens and know how to play

twerty, I think he used to be a emp player and recently returned, he's good

rightwing extremist is decent

michael is good rofle

lawnnome, american, noticably good

skimmer, good overal player

btw are you serious about candles I'mspartacus, used fetus? especially used fetus, he'sbat shit insane

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I am pretty serious most of the time so yes, I am. And I did consider most of the players you just mentioned but I droped most of them because of inactivity, MAD needs the opposite. But yeah Twerty and
    Ducky
    are people who I forgot about somehow, they are both excellent players...Skimmer? not so much, I've got nothing against him but I only ever see him scouting. And I want Michael in epic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.