Mixed Gender Schools

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cHoCoBo lOl, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Efficient learning > boredom.

I for one support gender segregation, but in the form of gender-based classes instead of entire schools, and only for students between 12 and 17 years old. Mainly because of the fact that puberty hits boys significantly later than girls, and because of what Pope Homeless XIII mentioned. Some adjustments must be made to the education of boys in the final years of compulsory school, because those are the most important years, and that happens to be just when puberty is at it's worst for boys - this issue has been taught to us several times at school. I believe those gender-specific adjustments would be easier to do with gender segregration in schools.

Boys and girls aren't equal, as every educated person should know. One could accuse me of elitism if I was a girl, but I'm actually a boy, and I acknowledge that boys suck more at learning during those mentioned final years. I'm all for what works better for each gender, rather than absolute equality which is just dumb. I can imagine it's difficult for smart girls to admit this is true...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If what ^Dee^ says is true, then almost everybody in my class is gay...
    I prefer mixed gender schools, keeps all the annoying people away.
    EDIT: it was pope homeless, not ^Dee^

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

^Dee^ posted in this thread? I can't seem to find her post, so it would be nice if you directed me to it.