Mixed Gender Schools

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cHoCoBo lOl, Oct 10, 2007.

1. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

What are your thoughts on it?
    reasons?

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Where the hell do you live?

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think schools are a good place to start relationships and friendships.. assuming you mean middle or high school i dont think genders should be seperated...

but for me personally, people(gender aside) make it hard to pay attention.. i didnt really start learning untill i got expelled from normal highschool and sent to a school where it was just me and a teacher for an hour a week..

Either way.. When you put kids together you never know what will happen.. I would like to see students choose what enviorment they get educated in.. I personally think kids need to be taught alone but still have some human interaction like public schools provide..

4. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

Its an essay i have to write about.. im doing a poll to see what people think
    for evidence...

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

non-mixed gender schools would be total crap.

6. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

BTW
    i tried to make a poll
    i didnt know how to, i clicked yes to add a poll, and to put in two possible choices, and i didnt know what to do from there...

7. REX

REX Member

lol we dont have seperated education of any kind as far as I know. There might be some private religious stuff.

About them getting busy with each other, it is not unusual for that to happen around age 13-15 in what we call 8-9th grade. This is also where it is normal to start drinking and do it often. That is the only thing I see that gives some bad results. It is as if it is a tradition to start drinking at that point and the kids even know a few grades before looking forward to it.
    we have a consumption of somewhere above 11 liters of Alcohol consumption per capita and have had a few bad records of insanely high consumption among teenagers. Also at this point many take up smoking.

I think that might have been different if they were seperated, but other than that I dont see any problems.

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I can understand gender segregation for, say, obvious things like locker rooms for PE/gym classes or school sports teams, but entire classes? Probably not.

I can understand gender segregation for dorms, too, but again not for whole classes.

I mean, if classes were segregated, where would I pick up chicks? Even though I COMPLETELY fail at that :-P

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

girls have cooties and MUST BE KEPT AWAY.

but yeah- other than that i see no reason to ever segregate.

10. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Girls go to school?

11. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I remember one of my teachers brought up this subject last year, the gist of it was that in Mixed gender schools it's harder to concentrate on the lesson, than in a gender specific school, reason being because alot of people are trying to look good for the opposite gender especially during the most puberty years, & in my schools case there would be girls putting on make-up & crap during the lesson, there would guys trying to impress the girls by doing something funny or trying to piss the teacher off just to impress the girl, & my teacher as well as another teacher cooperated & actually did an experiment so all girls went to one class, & all guys went to another & they both taught a lesson & quizzed everyone at the end, & they noticed that the students that usually got a D or an F, ended up getting an A or a B, not mention that both classes were dead silent compared to being loud as hell like everyday.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be separated because then school would be more boring than it already is.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

well that could be put down to a change of environment, which usually arouses a heightened sense of concentration, if it was only 1 or 2 days.

13. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

Anyone AGAINST mixed gender schools?

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

Retards?

15. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

anyone HERE against mixed gender schools? cuz i need at least like a 10 person survey, so far i have 8 people, all of them for it...

16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Actually, upon retrospect, I'm 100% against mixed gender schools. Niar is right, without mixed gender schools, how would you pick up chicks? Well, I can't pick up chicks anyway, so now everyone else is reduced to the same level as me. LEVEL PLAYING FIELD BITCHES! XD

17. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

The high school I go to is one of the top-10 in the state, so most people are focused on going to college.

But, we do have one of the best volleyball teams in the state ;)

18. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Separate but equal Yea right. America tried it for almost a hundred years from 1860 to the 1960s. It NEVER worked like its suppose to. There will all ways be biases to one group or another based on the current administration. Like in my local school I can GUARANTY that males would get more funding as the school makes money off of the male sporting events charging people admittance. There justification would be that the males have more extra extracurricular activities that they need funding for. And ignore the fact the reason there are not any female extracurricular activities is that they don't GET any funding. Its a large debate right now as it is in my local school. This would only make it worse.:pathetic:

19. Silk

Silk Mapper

I totally agree with him (even the last part). To be honest i've never heard of gender segregation in schools apart from the locker room - which is necessary for privacy - in these modern times. Some sport activities are held 3 times, once for boys, once for girls and once for mixed teams, but that's to make these activities fair and fun for everyone. What could possible be an advantage of gender segregation?

I know that when my father still went to school here in our little town 30 years ago, that indeed there was a school for boys and one for girls (6-12 years). Schools for people younger or older than that were mixed. Also most non-catholic schools (usually controlled by the government) were mixed even then.

20. cHoCoBo lOl

cHoCoBo lOl Member

You just said you're 100% against mixed gender schools...
    that means you dont want them -.-
    or does it mean you want them cuz you cant pick up chicks? xD

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007