Melee Upgrade: To Good?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Goose, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

I think that melee does too much damage already, but most people can't get that close to anyone else anyway. In fact, I think melee attacks should only push you back slightly and knock your aim off slightly.

2. Goose

Goose Member

If you are actually able to hit people, you should be rewarded with a free kill.

3. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

I just think it's ridiculous that you can kill someone with 2 hits of your pistol's butt or 3 hits of your SMG's butt even though they can take many bullets.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its like in action movies, thousands of bullets get sprayed, the hero doesn't die, but if a villain would hit him on the back of the head with something he would be knocked out for a while

5. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Melee is alright, really your sacrificing a skill for something that has very little application outside of melleing people and cam-rad's...

6. o_O

o_O Member

Its mainly only good for scout squad hide + run into a chokepoint or killing people you could have just as easily shot. Honestly, if meelle upgrade had splash damage and replenished your health when you killed someone it would still not be as good as other skills.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

im becoming cynical about the future of empires with every recent patch. when i first joined in 2.0, i loved how so many things were extremely deadly, like noox, riflemen, 3mgs, artillery, etc

first goes the realism of being hit by a high powered rifle bullet in the head and not dying instantly

second goes the role of the rifleman, they're just as good as any other class now (at killing people)

third goes mg dmg falloff. and finally the last nail in the coffin for an almost realistic MOUNTED MACHINE GUN. One would think that vehicle machine guns would do more damage than "heavy rifles". the tri-mg apc was a very valuable and game defining aspect that i loved (on either side of the matchup. if I was mowing people down in one, it was fun. if i had to kill one, it was easy).

okay, i can see why limiting vehicles to only use one kind of armor is good, but limiting vehicles to only ONE MG? oh.. customization i will miss you. one of the most defining aspects of this game.

and one final plea. if nothing will be done about the mg, please make the reload of the 50cal 3 seconds. also make the damage of heavy 50 cal 70/hit and the damage of the medium50 60/hit

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

3xMG was easily the most retarded thing in the game anyone with a low ping could use it as a full auto scout rifle.

9. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

3xMG sucked

upgraded grenades are better

10. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

The problem with 3xmg etc is that you could just load up on those and ignore the rest. This way we can implement new research and new weapons that have the same effect, but are not available from the get-go.

It may artificially prolong the game a bit, but overall there should be a better mix of choices.

11. johnnie

johnnie Member

Squad hide + melee upgrade = pwn