Mass Effect 3 (untagged spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MOOtant, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

ME3 pissed me off - I chose not to import ME2 save because 1 team member died. I tried to save quarians (tbh fuck them but it'd be nice to have them alive) and found out that even if I had imported my save they'd be fucked by their idiocy - bitch chose to be exiled and I converted geth.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

you lost a team member in ME2? What!? You got no skillz? Also ... your fucking evil to convert those geth... I just blew the place up. Also... I kept that prothian station for the humans... although... I bet I will regret it in me3.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  3. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

The quarian/geth conflict was the most fun part of ME3 so far. I could get both of them to my side which is pretty nice as the geth give me the third highest military strenght with 815 points, 450 from their fleet alone. And they get boosted if you rewrite the heretics in ME2 which I did. I don't think losing a squad member is that much of a problem. I got them all out, loyal but they only give you 25 points in military strenght and not all of them. The ones that do are Goddamn Zaeed, Jack, Samara, Jacob, Miranda, Grunt and maybe Kasumi, I'm not sure because her quest was bugged. Thane only gives you a nice fighting scene. Without Mordin I'm not sure how the Genophage stuff would've been solved. Legion also seemed pretty important in the game I'm not sure if you can get the geth to side with you without him.

The only thing I dislike in the game is the readiness rating. They practically force you to play multiplayer in order to have the best chances. Without playing multi my 6253 military strenght is cut in half and as far as I know you need 5000 points for the best ending. Now I heard that you can get the best enging without playing multi but I can't imagine how. I already searched every available systems for assets and done every sidequest on the citadel that I could find. There were some missions that simply disappeared for no reason but I don't think they were that important. Like I got a mission to save some ass in the elcor homeworld but I can't land there and it's not even marked.

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Jack and Miranda whined about each other.

5. ViroMan

Fuck Miranda.... literally and kiss up to jack and you keep everyone. At least thats how I played it last round. Except Ashly I lost her in the first ME.

6. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

lol at day 0 DLC that is fucking integral to the story

7. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

You just have to do all the N7 missions and every side mission to get the best ending. Its a shame however that EVERY ending is the same...just different colors...

support www.facebook.com/DemandABetterEndingToMassEffect3

8. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Yeah I already spoiled it for myself by reading the endings then decided that I didn't need the "perfect" ending because, well, all of the endings sucked tbh. "Control" was the only ending that didn't undo everything I did in the game so I decided to go with that. With that said I really enjoyed the game and loved everything upto the part with where you sit down next to Anderson, bloody and battered. It would have been better to let it end with the talk between them and the Crucible doing it's job without the catalyst bullshit.

And god damn, I totally expected to have a pocker night with the whole squad after I saw that there was a pocker table on the normandy but it never happened :(

9. Empty

Empty Member

Spoilers are ok in this thread, I'll be renaming the thread name so idiots don't come in and be all like derp derp derp spoiler alert qq.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I pretty much agree. It was decent up to the moment with Anderson, Shepard and Illusive Man. Right after that in 0.0001% of ME "trilogy" they started pretending that they solved some great mystery with 1 problem - there was no fucking mention of it earlier and whole problem is incredibly phony.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Fucking lolz are on metacritic in user comment section - 3.4/10 by users and 9.2/10 according to the "industry" (of hyping shit up).

The truth is that there were many far better games in 2010 and 2011 than this turd. Witcher 2, Deus ex, Mass Effect 2 and so on. Skyrim was close in overhypedness but it at least didn't kill all the fun of playing earlier TES games.

12. ViroMan

Anyone else choose Anderson as the the human representative? I chose him cuz I fucking hated the other guy and Anderson seemed to have his head on right. didn't make a fucking bit of difference for ME2 though.

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

You mean there's a chance that someone didn't pick Anderson? I can't see why anyone would pick the other guy. He was a douche, a suck up, a douche, an asskisser, a douche, a bitch, a douche and a douchebag.

14. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

15. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I'm done with mass effect and bioware in general. What a waste of time.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I though that me2 wasnt that good beacuse of how it removed most of the rpg parts. It still was fun as hell, 45 hours long and with many opportunities to use that fucking rep.

3 is 1/3 shorter, side missions are either from multiplayer or just find'n'deliver.
    I dont know about getting the best ending, but i was really disappointed at the end. for my paragon playthrough I did everything to convince everyone that you can live with the AI's. In the end all that is made void and "god" gives a really shitty excuse for killing all those civs. Synthesis ending is 3 minutes long

I am disappoint.

17. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

19. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  20. ViroMan

now that ending I could go with... I watched the others and thought WTF?! I don't even want to play the game knowing the current endings.
    I mean honestly, im not even a psycho gamer but, if I just spent a ginormous amount of hours on a game to basically get spit on my face, im going to go find that guy and break every bone in both of that guys hands.
    Can you imagine the pure reage true hardcore gamers are going through right now... that guy better have some body guards.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012